[SOLVED] Will a Ryzen 5 3600 bottleneck a rtx 2070 super?

Solution
The 3600 is an excellent CPU and will be quite happy in nearly all games at 1080p +
However if you're not streaming you may find the RX5700XT is better value for money.

Overall it's probably more than you need for 1080p - but if you wanted to shift to 1440p at some point, it's a good shout. An RTX 2060 would probably do the job at 1080p 144Hz too depending on the games.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Remember that "bottleneck" is a bit of a misleading term.

Technically there is no "balance" and every system has a bottleneck, and that bottleneck changes by application. What games are you mainly playing and what is your monitor resolution and refresh rate?

Overall however, I would suspect it would be a good combination, but if you're running 1080p, the RTX2070 is probably overkill. Equally if you're running CPU intensive games (like Civ for example) then an RTX2070 would not be necessary. :)

aestoyam

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014
Remember that "bottleneck" is a bit of a misleading term.

Technically there is no "balance" and every system has a bottleneck, and that bottleneck changes by application. What games are you mainly playing and what is your monitor resolution and refresh rate?

Overall however, I would suspect it would be a good combination, but if you're running 1080p, the RTX2070 is probably overkill. Equally if you're running CPU intensive games (like Civ for example) then an RTX2070 would not be necessary. :)
Thanks for your reply. I am planning to run 1080p but trying to go for 144fps ultra. I was wondering if it would be better to go for a more expensive cpu or will there not be a noticeable difference (less than like 10 fps).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The 3600 is an excellent CPU and will be quite happy in nearly all games at 1080p +
However if you're not streaming you may find the RX5700XT is better value for money.

Overall it's probably more than you need for 1080p - but if you wanted to shift to 1440p at some point, it's a good shout. An RTX 2060 would probably do the job at 1080p 144Hz too depending on the games.

Reactions: aestoyam
Solution