[SOLVED] Will a Ryzen 7 5700G w/32gb ram run a 5120x1440 monitor?

Nov 21, 2021
It's not for gaming. I'm a software guy, and like to have lots of windows upon concurrently while I design apps and sites. I'm currently using a 34" 21:9 monitor hooked to a 5 year old dell xps15 laptop w/32gb, and want to retire it before it dies.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but would like to know before sinking a lot of money into the new system. And I've seen in other questions that the bandwidth is greater in in 100hz+ applications, so any thoughts would be appreciated. The thought of running it wide open at 120hz on the CRG9 (or 240hz on the G9) would create an issue never occurred to me, but who knows.

I was thinking along the lines of an ASUS ROG Strix B550-F motherboard. Amazon has them for about $190. The case doesn't really matter for this scenario, but I'm thinking NZXT H510, NZXT 600+ ps, NZXT Kracken X53 dual fan AIO cpu cooler, 32gb 3200 (PC4 25600) ram, and a 1 or 2tb sabrent rocket 4.0 ssd

Any help appreciated. --thanks!!!

Solution
It's not for gaming. I'm a software guy, and like to have lots of windows upon concurrently while I design apps and sites. I'm currently using a 34" 21:9 monitor hooked to a 5 year old dell xps15 laptop w/32gb, and want to retire it before it dies.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but would like to know before sinking a lot of money into the new system. And I've seen in other questions that the bandwidth is greater in in 100hz+ applications, so any thoughts would be appreciated. The thought of running it wide open at 120hz on the CRG9 (or 240hz on the G9) would create an issue never occurred to me, but who knows.

I was thinking along the lines of an ASUS ROG Strix B550-F motherboard. Amazon has them for about $190. The case...

I was thinking along the lines of an ASUS ROG Strix B550-F motherboard. Amazon has them for about $190. The case doesn't really matter for this scenario, but I'm thinking NZXT H510, NZXT 600+ ps, NZXT Kracken X53 dual fan AIO cpu cooler, 32gb 3200 (PC4 25600) ram, and a 1 or 2tb sabrent rocket 4.0 ssd

Any help appreciated. --thanks!!!
Since it's not for gaming, the resolution is definitely supported. The refresh rate might be an issue but you can dial it down to 60 if it needs be.

You can always buy a discrete gpu after some time that the prices would begin to normalise or if you find a good deal.

Reactions: Dumb Old Guy
Solution