[SOLVED] Will a seasonic s12ii 620 watts 80+ bronze be enough for a pc with ryzen 3600 and an rtx 2070 super

Sep 25, 2020
im currently planning to upgrade my gpu to a 2070 but here's my current system
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600, all factory settings with a gamaxx 400
MOBO: MSI B450M mortar
GPU: GTX 1060 6 gb
RAM: Team elite 2x8 gb 2400mhz
PSU: Seasonic s12ii-620 watts 80+ Bronze
and 7 led case fans

I don't really have the budget to upgrade my PSU after the GPU so I'm wondering if i should just stick to a 2060 or a 1660

Solution
The seasonic core is a bit cheaper compared to the Inwin, are they really just about the same or is the Inwin better ? I have never heard of Inwin too
Both modern LLC resonant + DC-DC topology units, Seasonic Core is stripped down Seasonic Focus with unknown performance, but it should be fine probably, while InWin P-series is made by Sirfa, same platform as Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB Sync Ed., decent unit overall assuming OTP is set so high on it just because Thermaltake told Sirfa so, maybe stock platform OTP is lower. So in the end, both are modern units which seem to be fairly good given we don't have reviews on neither.
Sep 25, 2020
How old is that power supply?
You'd be pushing it with your current one and I wouldn't recommend it. What I would recommend is waiting until you can afford the power supply upgrade and a 3000 series RTX upgrade.

-Wolf sends
it's around 3 years old and I sold my 1060 so I really need a GPU for my pc since the 3600 doesn't have a built in display

It should be, but there are no reviews of this model so we don't know much about it's performance.
how about a coolermaster mwe white 750w psu ? those are the only ones available where I live, all the corsair ones are already out of stock

Same platform as the original focus with a few caveats (seen strip downs, actually looks slightly improved with better OPC).

Mwe White?? No absolutely not!!! Dire quality!

Sep 25, 2020
I looked for other psu's available where I live and I found
Corsair cx550m
Cougar GX-S 650 Gold
Cougar GEX 650 Gold
FSP Raider 2 750 Silver
Inwin P 65 650 Gold

almost all are at the same price, are any of these good for a 2060 SUPER ? the 2070 ran out of stock already

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
The seasonic core is a bit cheaper compared to the Inwin, are they really just about the same or is the Inwin better ? I have never heard of Inwin too
Both modern LLC resonant + DC-DC topology units, Seasonic Core is stripped down Seasonic Focus with unknown performance, but it should be fine probably, while InWin P-series is made by Sirfa, same platform as Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB Sync Ed., decent unit overall assuming OTP is set so high on it just because Thermaltake told Sirfa so, maybe stock platform OTP is lower. So in the end, both are modern units which seem to be fairly good given we don't have reviews on neither.

Solution