[SOLVED] Will a Silverstone NJ450-SXL fanless work in an Antec Fusion?

gwpt

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Solution
The SXL designation is simply a long version of an SFX model with the width and height being the same. SFX being 100mm depth, and the Silverstone SXL is 130mm in depth. Looking at pics of the Antec case interior, it appears to have enough room for the Silverstone PSU. Cabling is standard and comparable to the original power supply so there should be no problem connecting components. If the fit is tight you may want to connect the cables before installing the power supply into the case. The PSU housing itself is a big heatsink but as long as you have fans mounted and operating at all available locations on the Antec case it should be fine.

Corsair makes some good SFX models if you change your mind about the Silverstone...
I am looking at replacing the PSU in an old Antec Fusion and was thinking of the a Silverstone NJ450-SXL fanless
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=797&area=en

This is the PSU in the Antec: (I think it's ATX?)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Antec-4...m422278eb00:g:FSUAAOSwczxd36W4&frcectupt=true

Do you know if the NJ450-SXL can replace that power supply? if so, are there adapters to conver SXL to ATX and do they come with the supply?

Thanksy
The SXL designation is simply a long version of an SFX model with the width and height being the same. SFX being 100mm depth, and the Silverstone SXL is 130mm in depth. Looking at pics of the Antec case interior, it appears to have enough room for the Silverstone PSU. Cabling is standard and comparable to the original power supply so there should be no problem connecting components. If the fit is tight you may want to connect the cables before installing the power supply into the case. The PSU housing itself is a big heatsink but as long as you have fans mounted and operating at all available locations on the Antec case it should be fine.

Corsair makes some good SFX models if you change your mind about the Silverstone.

gwpt

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

Corsair makes some good SFX models if you change your mind about the Silverstone.

I am not committed to any brand, Silverstone was the first that I saw that was fanless...
Really, I was just trying to figure out the appropriate PSU size to fit in that case.
Is Silverstone not a great brand?

Solution
I am not committed to any brand, Silverstone was the first that I saw that was fanless...
Really, I was just trying to figure out the appropriate PSU size to fit in that case.
Is Silverstone not a great brand?
  • The original Antec PSU is considered an ATX unit, albeit a small one. It was made by Seasonic, but with some lower quality components.
  • The Silverstone NJ-450SXL, made by Enhance Electronics, is a quality unit, but is only backed by a 3 year warranty which would make me hesitate considering its high price. A 5 year warranty is pretty much standard among decent models these days with high quality models having 7-10 year warranties, but those models are not passively cooled so a comparison may not be fair. I don't pretend to know Silverstone warranty strategy.

A small ATX PSU may be a good choice for your application. There are models with a compact footprint that are high quality and have semi-fanless mode (< 40% power use), such as Phanteks AMP series (140mm depth). Power range selection depends on what components you're using it with. You don't have to use an SFX type if a small enough ATX model can be found. You may want to measure the space you have before buying an ATX model to be sure it fits. The height and width should be standard. The depth into the case is what you need to verify.
http://www.phanteks.com/Amp-Series.html

references-