[SOLVED] Will a small pc from 2012 run Windows 10

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
So for school I need to run python on a laptop. I have an old laptop with windows 7 on it that hardly works. I tried to install python 3.9 and was told that I needed Windows 8.1 or above. As I don’t want to mess this laptop up I would rather be safe then sorry. Can it run Windows 10? Or should I go bare minimum and install 8.1 on it?

Solution
That really depends on the laptop in question, what are the specs or model number.

Something starting with these will be usable and should install with little hassle with manufacture dates between 2010-2012.

i5-2XXXM
A8-3XXXM
Phenom II N8XX
Phenom II P9XX
Phenom II X9XX

4GB RAM
128GB SSD preferred

Don't waste your time with Mobile CPU's in this range. "(Single or Dual Core only CPU's)

Sempron
Athlon II
Turion
Phenom II P6XX
Phenom II N6XX
AMD V series
AMD C Series
AMD E Series
AMD A4
Pentium
Celeron

1-2GB RAM
128GB-250GB HDD

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
That really depends on the laptop in question, what are the specs or model number.

Something starting with these will be usable and should install with little hassle with manufacture dates between 2010-2012.

i5-2XXXM
A8-3XXXM
Phenom II N8XX
Phenom II P9XX
Phenom II X9XX

4GB RAM
128GB SSD preferred

Don't waste your time with Mobile CPU's in this range. "(Single or Dual Core only CPU's)

Sempron
Athlon II
Turion
Phenom II P6XX
Phenom II N6XX
AMD V series
AMD C Series
AMD E Series
AMD A4
Pentium
Celeron

1-2GB RAM
128GB-250GB HDD

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
So for school I need to run python on a laptop. I have an old laptop with windows 7 on it that hardly works. I tried to install python 3.9 and was told that I needed Windows 8.1 or above. As I don’t want to mess this laptop up I would rather be safe then sorry. Can it run Windows 10? Or should I go bare minimum and install 8.1 on it?
See the first post here: