Will a touch screen Monitor work perfectly with Windows 8?

monsta

Splendid
The description says it is only designed for Windows 7. But you never know , may work perfectly with Windows 8 or they may release a driver for it , best to wait till Windows 8 is released if you want touch screen. just to be sure.

darkstar845

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I do not know exactly where to put this thread.

If I am going to buy a touchscreen LCD monitor for my desktop , will it work perfectly and smoothly with Windows 8? Will it support all the touchscreen functionality and features in Windows 8 just like the upcoming ultrabooks?

strawman

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Yes, if it works with Windows 7, it will work with Windows 8. However, it does not give you the best Windows 8 touch screen experience. Windows 8 supports up to 10-point touch (i.e., two hands with all 10 fingers). The current crop of cheap (i.e., under $400) touch screen monitors do not have that capability - they usually offer up to 3-point touch. Another issue I have with current crop of monitor is that they don't have a smooth edge (like those of iPad and Android tablets). They are more like other screen with a raised bezel. Planar just announced a 27" screen with 10-point touch. It's listed at $800. It looks real good on paper, but nobody really "touched" it yet.