Will a TP-LINK TL-WN822N 300MBPS perform any better than the ASUS USB-N14 Wireless-N300 USB Adapter?

Solution
There is no way to say for sure if a internal card will be stronger. There is a legal maximum that all wireless is allowed to transmit so they could be the same. This is another of the look it up in the fcc stuff. But if we were to assume they both transmitted at the same level the huge downside to a internal card is that the antenna are located very close to the back of the metal case. This tends to block a lot signal and is even worse if you put the computer on the floor against a wall blocking the antenna even more. USB like you asked about run on long USB cables and have less issues. Then again USB devices generally do not have as large antenna and some do not transmit at full power.

That question is even more involved...
My guess is they will be about the same. There are actually 4 versions of the tplink device that use different internal parts.
You would have to dig though the FCC reports and look at the output power to really know. This is a example for the latest tplink
https://fcc.io/TE7/WN822NV4

I can't find the fccid for the asus device.

Most these larger USB devices with external antenna tend to put out the maximum legal power. The very tiny ones may not put out full power.

Because of the possibility of getting older version of the tplink I would go with the asus unless the seller clearly says the tplink is the version 4 model.

YannFTW

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

Yeah i have a desktop, so an internal card would be much stronger? Also thanks for replying :)

YannFTW

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

Ok thanks for replying :)

There is no way to say for sure if a internal card will be stronger. There is a legal maximum that all wireless is allowed to transmit so they could be the same. This is another of the look it up in the fcc stuff. But if we were to assume they both transmitted at the same level the huge downside to a internal card is that the antenna are located very close to the back of the metal case. This tends to block a lot signal and is even worse if you put the computer on the floor against a wall blocking the antenna even more. USB like you asked about run on long USB cables and have less issues. Then again USB devices generally do not have as large antenna and some do not transmit at full power.

That question is even more involved than just comparing 2 difference USB devices like you ask because of all the variable involved.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS