Question Will a tualatin 1.4ghz p3 be able to surf the net?

Jun 12, 2019
I have a tualatin cpu Id like to try but not sure if its worth it if due to sse2 requirements it wont be able to down load and run a good browser.

InvalidError

Titan
An old P3 is going to be horrible with most modern software, you'd have to limit yourself to OS and browsers from ~15 years ago to get decent performance at the expense of being sieves security-wise.

For most modern uses, you'd want something like an Athlon 200GE and 4GB of RAM at a minimum.

Jun 12, 2019
ok so I wont be able to surf very well at all then darn and I suppose there is not socket 370 p4 out there......trying to revive a super old gateway g6 350. Yes I know newer is much better and I have socket 1155 up and running but the g6 350 is what I met the wife on in a chat room so yes.........sentimental. the tualatin 1.4 I thought sure would support sse2, but I was wrong only sse...dont know how many hours of searching google and I would have thought other people would have run into issues

Jun 12, 2019
ok so. I have decided to make it a kitchen recepie computer, no internet. My questioin is since I bought a practice board off ebay and flashed the bios to 4r4cboxa.86a.0020.p14, I am now able to upgrade to 600mhz. or slower according to the warning message of the system not being able to support the cpu voltage. "your system has been halted. Please install cpu of 600mhz or lower. I have the powerleap adapter and stuck in a 700mhz 256k 1.75 volt cpu. It didnt like it. I was under the impression that the powerleap slot 1 adapter would adjust the voltage. It does have jumpers for 66 100 or 133 front side bus and does have 8 pins to install jumpers on up to 4 jumpers to select proper voltage ranges. (doesnt go up to to2 volts but close (1.8 to 1.825 volts.)