[SOLVED] Will a Win11 OEM key activate Win10 if I install it?

Solution
How shall I p

How shall I prepare? I guess make a win 11 backup media? Luckily it's from Costco so if I brick it they won't deny a return... ¯\(ツ)
I would make a full drive Image of the system with 11.
Macrium Reflect or similar.

Then, try a clean install of 10, and see what happens.

But personally, I would leave it at Win 11.
There isn't that much difference.

USAFRet

Titan
How shall I p

How shall I prepare? I guess make a win 11 backup media? Luckily it's from Costco so if I brick it they won't deny a return... ¯\(ツ)

Reactions: jnjnilson6
Solution

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

I probably should stick with it I'm just being resistant to change.. It's an alder lake /DDR5 laptop and last I heard Win11 handles that combo a touch better. I'll just wipe it and clean installing win 11 to really root out all the bloatware.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
I probably should stick with it I'm just being resistant to change.. It's an alder lake /DDR5 laptop and last I heard Win11 handles that combo a touch better. I'll just wipe it and clean installing win 11 to really root out all the bloatware.
Yeah... Windows 11 would have a good bit of support for many years ahead, while the road for Windows 10 ends by the end of 2025. If Windows 12 supports Alder Lake (which I think it ought to), a transition to it from Windows 11 should be smooth and irresistible whenever that poignant opportunity appears over the counter.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your machine and that it lasts a long time in terms of high-end productivity, component stability and undaunted excessiveness within the imminent hours; the times when the fans flicker on aggressively and the frame-rate and performance importantly and overbearingly permeate the screen and one's conscience... (y)

USAFRet

Titan
A few months ago I bought a Surface Go 3 from MS.
Win 11.

Zero added 'bloatware', besides the Win 11.
Other manufacturers include far more weirdness.