s6lid

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
(My grammar & punctuation is bad)
I am not very good at tech stuff and budget is $60 so I'm thinking of upgrading my gpu by getting a GTX 750ti and i found one that cost $59.68 which is a "Zotac GTX 750 TI 2gb 128bit DDR5" its also a second hand but the reviews are good, i want to know if its compatible with my motherboard which is an "MSI FM2-A55M-E33" (Specs Here).

I do know that the GTX 750ti is PCI-E 3.0 and my mobo is PCI-E 2.0, but i think that its backwards compatible.

Also when ordering the GTX 750ti there are two types of graphics cards that i can choose to order, "The GPU W/ Converter" and "The GPU W/O Converter", I do not know what a converter is and i am confused on which one i should get, so i would like to know what a converter is.

Here is what the gpu looks like (I haven't bought it yet) :
e42ad5b3c6753119d4961bd010aee414

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yes, backwards compatible. That GPU is compatible with all modern boards except for a few OEM boards that do not provide the full 75W via the PCIe slot - yours is fine.

As for the "coverter", I'd need to see a link to comment.... Doesn't sound like a usual listing you'd see.

Reactions: s6lid
Yeah, I got that card in an older build. Gem of a card, still going strong after 4yrs.
As mentioned above, it is perfectly compatible and will go in the PCIe slot.
The converter is for the DVI to VGA port. That card does not come with VGA port. It has HDMI and DVI-D ports. So if you have a VGA port on you monitor, you will need it. If you have HDMI port, you can skip it.

Reactions: s6lid