[SOLVED] Will adding a second radiator help cooling?

bruvvamoff

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
Thermaltake core v21
Asus maximus Gene XI
Antec HGC 750
Corsair Platinum 2 x 8gb rgb
Intel i9 9900kf
Corsair H115i Pro XT rgb
Geforce RTX2080ti fe
Hard drives are both m.2

The rad is mounted on the roof and blows upwards, and there is space for a second along side it.
Would the pump be ok pumping the fluid a longer distance?
Also is there a port on the motherboard to plug a second radiator?
PC has never overheated to my knowledge but it does get hot under high load, when running vr in particular.
I love my machine and want it to be as cool as possible.
And before you ask, it's not possible to have a different pc case.
Ideally I would not choose this case but it's the only one that ticked a whole load of boxes, primarily shape and space.
Thanks.

Solution
An AIO isn't really conidered a 'kit' like most other liquid cooling systems since it is an 'All in One'.

Pumps on most AIOs are either CoolIt or Asetek OEM...there are a few others out there now, bust 75-80% of AIOs are one of these two OEMs.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thermaltake core v21
Asus maximus Gene XI
Antec HGC 750
Corsair Platinum 2 x 8gb rgb
Intel i9 9900kf
Corsair H115i Pro XT rgb
Geforce RTX2080ti fe
Hard drives are both m.2

The rad is mounted on the roof and blows upwards, and there is space for a second along side it.
Would the pump be ok pumping the fluid a longer distance?
Also is there a port on the motherboard to plug a second radiator?
PC has never overheated to my knowledge but it does get hot under high load, when running vr in particular.
I love my machine and want it to be as cool as possible.
And before you ask, it's not possible to have a different pc case.
Ideally I would not choose this case but it's the only one that ticked a whole load of boxes, primarily shape and space.
Thanks.
Those AIO coolers are not made to add another rad.

What are your temps now.

USAFRet

Titan
Wait a second I just googled aio. All in one right? Why would that make a difference?
All In One cooler systems like yours are built as a sealed unit. Except in one or two specific cases (and yours is not one of them), you can't add parts like a second radiator.

Even if you could, the only difference would be a little while longer for the liquid temp to reach whatever steady state it gets to now.
Said current temperature is unknown...;)

What is the actual problem you're trying to solve?

Reactions: Phaaze88

bruvvamoff

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
All In One cooler systems like yours are built as a sealed unit. Except in one or two specific cases (and yours is not one of them), you can't add parts like a second radiator.

Even if you could, the only difference would be a little while longer for the liquid temp to reach whatever steady state it gets to now.
Said current temperature is unknown...;)

What is the actual problem you're trying to solve?

No problem, just wanna use the empty space and make the pc a little cooler.
If the coolant goes thru a second rad then itll settle slightly lower, given more heat is dissipated per cycle.
I imagine that's why bigger hotter machines with coolers need to have bigger radiators but often have the same pump.
So I've read anyway..

I dont suppose you know what pump is in my kit? I cant seem to find out, even corsair website doesnt say.
I have one rear intake, two top exhaust and a front mounted radiator with 3 fans blowing out the front. I'm not sure what you mean by what pump you have! It's this one I assumed: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...oling/iCUE-RGB-PRO-XT-Coolers/p/CW-9060044-WW
In any case, I would definitely add more fans. If all you have is just the AIO fans and the front intake, it sounds like there's a lot of left over hot air floating about inside your case.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
An AIO isn't really conidered a 'kit' like most other liquid cooling systems since it is an 'All in One'.

Pumps on most AIOs are either CoolIt or Asetek OEM...there are a few others out there now, bust 75-80% of AIOs are one of these two OEMs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS