will all these peripherals work (well) through USB?

geekness

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
Im working on a project that requires the use of a bunch of various USB peripherals in the field. Generally people use a laptop, but I want to use a tablet, namely the "Dell Venue pro 8".
There seems to be a couple of limitations to the tablet, but I have found "work arounds" for them, such as MHL->HDMI (No HDMI output), and inability to use USB devices and charge at the same time.

My set up is like this:
Dell Venue 8 Pro
by cable to
Vener8 (enables charging with device use)
by a custom Y cable to
4 port powered USB hub + MHL/HDMI/USB adapter
from hub to
USB servo controller + USB FTDI module + RC receiver/transmitter

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go:
USB%20line%20diagram_zpstedvruiu.jpg

The most critical peripheral is the RFD900+. It is the only device that is in constant communication with the tablet. The others work independantly of the tablet, but are connected by USB for setting changes by the user at random moments.

The HDMI port is to connect to a larger screen if the user so requires. It won't happen all the time, but when it does happen, it won't be high quality video, just a mirror of the running applications.

My questions are:

■ As I need cable A-B (just end "A") to be a very flat external body, am I able to deconstruct an existing USB cable and solder to the breakout board shown?
    ■ Is there a "Y" cable off the shelf I can get to go between D-E-F?
    ■ If I have 5V going into the hub at "N", do I need it going in the Vener8 and "C"?
    ■ Would I be better off attaching the MHL/HDMI adapter to the 4th port ("J") on the hub? This would eliminate the need for the "Y" cable.
    ■ Is it OK to remove any of the receptacles from the hub or vener8 and solder the cables directly (To save weight and space)? Or is that not a good idea?