[SOLVED] Will AMD FX-6350 fit and run in a dell studio xp 7100 motherboard with the AMD Phenom II X6 1045T ?

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Son wants to play Assassins creed origins he just got for Easter and it seems the 1045t is missing the SSE 4.1 or something along those lines..

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Will that software tell me everything i need to know?..Dell was no help and just wanted to charge me for the info when i talk to them....I know little about PC hardware keep that in mind.....from what i have gathered the
AMD FX-6300 Black Edition runs at 95 watts same as the 1045T and has the same socket but other than that i can't find any other info like if my mother board is AM3 or AM3+...

Last edited:

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED
Son wants to play Assassins creed origins he just got for Easter and it seems the 1045t is missing the SSE 4.1 or something along those lines..

No. Hardly any AM3 board would work with AM3+ cpu's. The ones that did were enthusiast 890 FX boards with beta bios support. At that they only supported Zambezi cpu's. There were no oem boards that would. That board and pc predated AM3+ by a few years. There were very, very few oem pc's with AM3+ boards or cpu's.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Dell studio xps 7100 uses the white AM3a socket. You'd need the black AM3b for it to be compatible with the FX series. (some were and would work with a bios upgrade) The difference is that the AM3+ cpus have pins that are 11% larger than the older AM3 cpus, so literally don't fit in the board. You can use AM3 cpus on a AM3+ mobo, but not backwards unless the mobo has the black socket. Also, AM3+ cpus broke backwards compatability at that time as AM3+ do not recognise DDR2, the AM3 mobo's that had the black AM3b socket were dual ram mobo's that used either DDR2 or DDR3.

Sorry, but it's not gonna work

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
The Dell studio xps 7100 uses the white AM3a socket. You'd need the black AM3b for it to be compatible with the FX series. (some were and would work with a bios upgrade) The difference is that the AM3+ cpus have pins that are 11% larger than the older AM3 cpus, so literally don't fit in the board. You can use AM3 cpus on a AM3+ mobo, but not backwards unless the mobo has the black socket. Also, AM3+ cpus broke backwards compatability at that time as AM3+ do not recognise DDR2, the AM3 mobo's that had the black AM3b socket were dual ram mobo's that used either DDR2 or DDR3.

Sorry, but it's not gonna work
Thanks for the response ....i figured as much as my luck is never that good .....i think i will just buy a cheap dell off ebay that has a i7 and swap the hardware over from the 7100 ...least for now as i can't see spending a ton just for the one game ...again thanks

Last edited: