Will AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition work with HP Pavilion p6208f

Mar 29, 2018
Can someone please please help me out with this? Will an "AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955 3.2GHz Quad-Core (HDZ955FBK4DGI) Processor" work with a HP Pavilion p6208f (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01911573)? I have tried to look it up but I can't really find anything. I am not as knowledgeable as I am sure some of you guys are. Or if you can tell me how to look that up, I am just not finding anything that says weather the "black edition" would work with my computer. I really hope that it does bc I already purchased it. I was trying to upgrade my CPU and it listed the "MAD Phenom as a possible upgrade. When I changed the CPU out it would not work, but I don't know if I was just sold a bad CPU (I bought it on Ebay) or if it just isn't compatible. Might it work if I flash the bios? I REALLY appreciate any help from someone that knows more about this than I do!!

Solution
It's AM3 socket so in theory it should work but there could be 2 problems, one is BIOS and other one is what it looks like a low end VRM on that MB. Phenom ii, specially x4 and x6 require more power than Athlon II. Only way to know for sure is to try it.
It's AM3 socket so in theory it should work but there could be 2 problems, one is BIOS and other one is what it looks like a low end VRM on that MB. Phenom ii, specially x4 and x6 require more power than Athlon II. Only way to know for sure is to try it.

Solution