Question Will AMD Ryzen 5 3600 work with older Windows 10 builds(e.g. like build 15063 March 2017)

PHRAZOR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
I want to run older software that were supported in earlier windows 10 but are not supported in latest Windows 10 Update(e.g. Corel Draw 13, 14). Will they be supported in this system.
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Msi B450 Tomahawk
16 GB Corsair LPX DDR4- 3200Mhz Ram
RX 560 GDDR5 4GB Ram

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Shouldn't be any inherent issue with hardware compatibility with older versions of Windows 10 - but unless you plan to be strictly offline, older versions of Windows are likely to update themselves, are they not? Delaying updates (indefinitely), is a fairly new addition....

PHRAZOR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Shouldn't be any inherent issue with hardware compatibility with older versions of Windows 10 - but unless you plan to be strictly offline, older versions of Windows are likely to update themselves, are they not? Delaying updates (indefinitely), is a fairly new addition....
I will be online but I hope there is a disable automatic windows update option. If windows 10 does not update it will solve two purposes. First I will be able to run old software and at the same time have a modern Graphic design machine. But the only perquisite is that old windows 10 work on this system and it should not update.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I want to run older software that were supported in earlier windows 10 but are not supported in latest Windows 10 Update(e.g. Corel Draw 13, 14). Will they be supported in this system.
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Msi B450 Tomahawk
16 GB Corsair LPX DDR4- 3200Mhz Ram
RX 560 GDDR5 4GB Ram

Careful with going with too old a version of Windows 10. I just spent 3 months trying to figure out why my brand new Ryzen build kept locking up after 3 minutes, and it ended up being the installation of Windows I was using (when win 10 came out) wasn't compatible with Ryzen, and it crashed before I could update. I had to make my own drive with the creation tool to get it to stay booted.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Odd windows stopped supporting programs, or was it more from the producers side?

Support for Your Corel Product on Windows

Generally speaking, most software applications built for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 are expected to be compatible with future versions of Windows 10. However, for an optimal experience and to receive technical support for your Corel product, please note that the software must be running on one of the specific versions of Windows it has been developed for.

When installed on Windows 10, Corel software products are officially compatible and supported on the version of Windows 10 available at the time of its release, as well as the previous version of Windows 10 available prior to its introduction. Corel also commits to ensuring compatibility with any new Windows 10 versions released during the product’s lifecycle.

For example, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2018, released in April 2018, is compatible and supported on Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update), as well as the previous version 1703 (Creators Update), and will also be compatible and supported on upcoming versions 1803 (Spring Creators Update) and 1809.

Of course, if your Corel software is also developed with support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 (with the latest service packs), it will offer you a great experience and continue to be supported on these earlier versions of Windows as well.
https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/...tware-Compatibility-and-Support-on-Windows-10

ryzen released 27 MAy 2019
chipset driver dated 22 Oct 2019
OS dated March 2017
You lucky the chipset drivers don't mention needing a particular version of win 10. You may run into .net issues.
you need to use the 2nd audio drivers since latest need 1903 at very least.
going back to a date before hardware existed is a possible problem.

and it ended up being the installation of Windows I was using (when win 10 came out) wasn't compatible with Ryzen,

using 1507 on a ryzen would be a struggle. 1703 is a little more up to date. MIght still have similar problems.