[SOLVED] Will an Antec VP500PC 500W blow up my gaming rig?

Jun 7, 2021
Well, I'm going to buy my new gaming rig
My Budget is around 300$
Here the spec

CPU I3 10100F 97$

Mainboard
Gigabyte H410M S2 V2 63$ OR Asrock H470M-HDV/M.2 73$ (i have 2 choices 'cause the H410M in the shop closest to my home just went out of stock like a month ago and idk when it'll be restock)

Ram Apacer Panther 8x2 GB (already bought)

GPU My Big Bro's Zotac GTX 650 1GB

Storage 1TB 7.2K RPM WD Blue HDD and 250GB Kingston SATA M.2 (SSD already bought) HDD is 33$

Case
Deepcool Matrexx 30 31$ OR Cougar MX330-X 34$ (same as the mainboard the cheapest one went out of stock)

PSU Antec VP500PC 500W 80+B 47$

After I search the internet I'm started to worry about my PSU Some says, It reliable Other says It's unreliable

BTW I'm from Thailand so the Price maybe Higher or Lower than other countries

Solution
Antec's VP series isn't the greatest thing on the planet but next to Corsair's CV and CM's MW, you may be better off sticking to the VP.

I have a 5-6 years old VP450 in my living room PC, opened it up for deep-cleaning and refilling the fan's bearing cavity with lithium grease when I shuffled components after upgrading my main PC and it still appeared to be in perfect shape.

Lutfij

Titan
The question I have for you is, how valuable is the rest of your system innards? We consider the PSU to be the heart of the system, so if it has a heart attack, it takes everything else along with it. This is why we suggest you invest in a reliably built PSU. You should have access to Corsair, Seasonic and CoolerMaster units in your region. I'm sure of it! Look for a 550W unit as opposed to a 500W unit, this will help you have a headroom and the option to drop in a beefier GPU when you have the funds or when the skies clear up.

Reactions: Baguettez
Jun 7, 2021
The question I have for you is, how valuable is the rest of your system innards? We consider the PSU to be the heart of the system, so if it has a heart attack, it takes everything else along with it. This is why we suggest you invest in a reliably built PSU. You should have access to Corsair, Seasonic and CoolerMaster units in your region. I'm sure of it! Look for a 550W unit as opposed to a 500W unit, this will help you have a headroom and the option to drop in a beefier GPU when you have the funds or when the skies clear up.
In my region, they don't have Seasonic PSU For Corsair PSU that in my 300$ Budget is Corsair CV550 For Cooler Master It'll be the MWE 550W

InvalidError

Titan
Antec's VP series isn't the greatest thing on the planet but next to Corsair's CV and CM's MW, you may be better off sticking to the VP.

I have a 5-6 years old VP450 in my living room PC, opened it up for deep-cleaning and refilling the fan's bearing cavity with lithium grease when I shuffled components after upgrading my main PC and it still appeared to be in perfect shape.

Reactions: Baguettez
Solution
Jun 7, 2021

How about this CM MWE V2 FR 550W 80+ Bronze I found it at the same price as the CV550. Is it better than the VP500PC?

A0133701OK_BIG_2.jpg

Last edited: