Will an ASUS M5A78L-/USB3 need a BIOS update on start-up for an AMD FX 6300?

bnv016

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
Hi, I am interested in buying an ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard with an AMD FX 6300. As the title says, after I put the components together, when I start the computer up for the first time will the motherboard need a BIOS update to accommodate the FX CPU?

I am confused because where I am buying from, Microcenter, it says that AMD CPU support is limited to "Phenom II, Athlon II, Sempron 100 series processors". Seeing that, I assume it will need a BIOS update.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/444287/M5A78L-M-USB3_Socket_AM3_AMD_mATX_Motherboard

However, on ASUS.com, it says that the motherboard supports the FX series. . . "AMD AM3+ FX™/Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors"
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/specifications/

As a result, I am very confused. I think it may be possible that the Microcenter site is not up to date on the motherboard's latest BIOS on their website, because on ASUS.com, they list 16 Mb Flash ROM, AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI v2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS V2.5, and ACPI V2.0a BIOS, while on microcenter.com, they only list the 16 Mb Flash ROM BIOS. If such is the case, when i pick up the mobo from the store, will the staff at Microcenter have updated the motherboard's BIOS accordingly?

Thanks for understanding, and reading my entire question. :)

Solution
If you look at the CPU support it lists the 6300

FX-6300(FD6300WMW6KHK),3.5GHz,6C,95W,rev.C0,AM3+ ALL 1401

Thats the BIOS it needs to support that CPU

Whoever you buy it from probably wouldnt know what BIOS is on it, when you buy it. So no, I doubt they'll update it, unless you ask. Just in case it doesnt work.

Unless you go and buy it in person (if the BIOS thats on it, is on the box somewhere), you or the shop wouldn't know what BIOS is on it.

Unless you opened the mobo box and looked at the sticker thats on it. Which does have what BIOS is on it when it was shipped

If you look at the CPU support it lists the 6300

FX-6300(FD6300WMW6KHK),3.5GHz,6C,95W,rev.C0,AM3+ ALL 1401

Thats the BIOS it needs to support that CPU

Whoever you buy it from probably wouldnt know what BIOS is on it, when you buy it. So no, I doubt they'll update it, unless you ask. Just in case it doesnt work.

Unless you go and buy it in person (if the BIOS thats on it, is on the box somewhere), you or the shop wouldn't know what BIOS is on it.

Unless you opened the mobo box and looked at the sticker thats on it. Which does have what BIOS is on it when it was shipped

Solution