[SOLVED] Will an ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 CPU Cooler fit in this build? Cooler recommendations?

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Hi,
I currently have the following:
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler
Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage
Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card
Case
Cougar PANZER EVO RGB ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply
Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor
Acer Predator XB271HUA 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor
Keyboard
Cougar DEATHFIRE EX Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse

When I upgrade to a Ryzen 9 3950x, I'm considering replacing the Noctua with a ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 OLED AIO CPU Cooler . Will it fit? Just to clarify: clearly the radiator will fit accross the top of this case (where I'd like to put it), but will there be room to stack the fans below the radiator on the inside? Would I have to put the fans above the radiator (on top of / outside the case filter) - which doesn't sound great.
(Obviously I can get out a ruler etc but it would be nice to hear from someone who's actually built a similar rig.)
Any other suggestions?
Happy with the Noctua for the R5 3600, but I'd like to overclock the R9 3950x and apparently liquid cooling is needed for that.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
I would recommend that you install the AIO's radiator at the front and set that to intake, pushing cooler ambient air into the chassis. At the top, you're only going to be able to have the fans outside the chassis with the AIO's radiator below the chassis but above the ram modules.

Lutfij

Titan
I would recommend that you install the AIO's radiator at the front and set that to intake, pushing cooler ambient air into the chassis. At the top, you're only going to be able to have the fans outside the chassis with the AIO's radiator below the chassis but above the ram modules.

Solution

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Thanks Lutfij,
Initially had some questions but I think I've cleared those up.
Kind regards.

Last edited:

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
That cooler is at least twice the price of comparable AIO coolers without twice as good performance.
Thanks CountMike,
What would you recommend?
I'm looking around at this point.
I would like a good quality cooler for the build - for this model, my eye was caught by the Noctua fans, the cooling potential for a 360 mm radiator, and air cooling around the CPU socket. (My ASUS board does very well with the R5 3600 - stable at 4.35 GHz on all cores - but I gather some other boards effectively throttle the CPU a lot more because of heat.).
Is there an 360 AIO that would fit up the top of this build (fans below the radiator on the inside as discussed above).
I have no previous experience with liquid cooling, so unless there was a very compelling reason to reconsider I strongly prefer AIO to custom build.
Kind regards

Thanks CountMike,
What would you recommend?
I'm looking around at this point.
I would like a good quality cooler for the build - for this model, my eye was caught by the Noctua fans, the cooling potential for a 360 mm radiator, and air cooling around the CPU socket. (My ASUS board does very well with the R5 3600 - stable at 4.35 GHz on all cores - but I gather some other boards effectively throttle the CPU a lot more because of heat.).
Is there an 360 AIO that would fit up the top of this build (fans below the radiator on the inside as discussed above).
I have no previous experience with liquid cooling, so unless there was a very compelling reason to reconsider I strongly prefer AIO to custom build.
Kind regards
I would also include https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html and https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html as value coolers.

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
I would also include https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html and https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html as value coolers.
Thanks Mike, I'll have a look at those.
Kind regards

TRENDING THREADS