Apr 11, 2015
CPU: AMD Athelon 200GE
Mobo: MSI A320 Pro-VD/S
RAM: 1 x Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
GPU: Integrated (No Dedicated GPU)
SSD: WD Green 240GB SATA
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 2.5"
Case: Zebronics ZEB-555B
PSU: 350W Micro (Included with the case)

I am building a system for web browsing, watching YouTube videos, watching 1080p movies & basic Photoshop editing.
As the 200GE is a low power processor (35W TDP) & I am not going to do anything intensive like gaming or video editing on it.
I needed a small/slim form factor case & that's why I choose the ZEB-555B (based on availability). According to their website the case uses a micro power supply; which has a 4 Pin CPU Connector. I couldn't find the exact model, dimension etc of the PSU.
The MSI motherboard that I chose has an 8 Pin ESP12V Connector.

So my question is will a 200GE work with a 4 Pin CPU Connector? Or will it need a 4 Pin to 8 Pin Adapter?
If anyone can tell me what the exact dimension of a micro power supply is, I might be able to find a suitable PSU.

Satyajit Mishra

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
The problem with an A320 and the 200GE cpu is that it requires the latest BIOS to boot -- https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A320M-PRO-VD-S#support-cpu You have to have version 2J -- You won't get that BIOS version out of the box. So you will need a 1000 series CPU to do BIOS flash.
So you are saying out of the I won't be able to use 200GE with the MSI A320 board? Whats the alternative? Should I take the board to a MSI service center, to get its BIOS updated?

kanewolf

Titan
So you are saying out of the I won't be able to use 200GE with the MSI A320 board? Whats the alternative? Should I take the board to a MSI service center, to get its BIOS updated?
It is very likely you won't be able to use them "out of the box". Options -- Buy the board from a physical store and have them update the BIOS. Borrow an older CPU to update the BIOS.

Satyajit Mishra

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
Congrats. Do the proper BIOS updates immediately.
I tried to update the BIOS by formatting a pen drive with FAT32 & then placing the extracted contents of the zip file that I downloaded from the MSI website. But every time after the system restarts into the M-Flash, I get the same error message saying no BIOS file found. I tried older updates as well as 2 other pen drive. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.