Question Will an Athlon X4 845 work in my prebuilt Asus M32BF?

Mar 6, 2019
The latest bios update on the A55BM-A mobo is from 2015, I tried using newer bios updates from 2018 however they are not recognized by the flasher. My Athlon is arriving friday and im scared the BIOS won't recognize the cpu. Asus's mobo specific bios do not work, and only version 0602 is the highest I can seem to flash to. Will this support my X4 845??? Really frustrated at asus's driver support

Mar 6, 2019
The 0602 bios that did flash is from Asus's prebuilt page. However they stopped updating in 2015. The Athlon x4 845 was made in 2016. Will this be an issue? How can I update my bios if the board specific ones are not being recognized?

Mar 6, 2019
This is the "latest" update for my prebuilt mobo. However if I go to the boards specific page, there are bios updates for the Athlon x4s, however the flashes are not recognized by my computer and gives me the security error. Highlighted is the bios i currently got
UWbBgPW.png

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Sadly I already tried this, when attempting to flash it gives me a security error and will not allow me to update. Do I have to throw out a whole motherboard because of asus

Maybe their contacting their support before tossing?

If you do end up needing to replace it, return the CPU save your money and get a cheap Ryzen motherboard and a Ryzen 3 1200 or a Ryzen 3 2200G. It will demolish anything you can get out of what you have by lightyears.

Reactions: Canadiancarl780