Will an ati hd 6850 run on 460w coolermaster psu

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I was about to purchase an Evga GTX 550 ti but it costs about 15k inr so I decided on the ati HD 6850.My power supply is CoolerMaster extreme power 460w.Will the psu support the card?

Solution
You are reading WAAAAAY too much into the feedback about updating the BIOS. The BIOS flashing thing is unique to the specific XFX card you linked. Some people feel that the default fan profile was too high and caused the card to make more noise than they wanted it to so they flashed a different BIOS to lower it. NO video card "requires" you to flash its BIOS, not the HD6870, not the HD6850 and not even the specific card you linked. It is something some people chose to do to lower noise levels on that one card.
You are reading WAAAAAY too much into the feedback about updating the BIOS. The BIOS flashing thing is unique to the specific XFX card you linked. Some people feel that the default fan profile was too high and caused the card to make more noise than they wanted it to so they flashed a different BIOS to lower it. NO video card "requires" you to flash its BIOS, not the HD6870, not the HD6850 and not even the specific card you linked. It is something some people chose to do to lower noise levels on that one card.

Solution

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Wow!Thanks a lot.........Actually the dealer I am buying from knows practically nothing about mid-higher end cards and has left it all upon me to find out everything......plus he says that he won't be able to return the card if there is anything wrong with it without quite a bit of trouble........so am reading up as much as possible.........and gathering as much info as I can find........Thanks,Thanks a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.