Will an incompatible CPU damage my motherboard/other hardware?

G

I am building a computer for somebody out of mostly spare parts. I have two downed pcs each with their own hardware, however, I'm not sure what their CPUs are.
I aware that if a put an incompatible CPU into my motherboard, I'll encounter serious problems, however, there's no longer any way I can see to check if they are compatible. I want to know if it's safe to put these CPUs into my motherboard and see if it works, or if doing that could fry my components. Thank you for reading, please respond if you know the answer.

Solution
It won't hurt other components unless it physically does not fit and you bend the pins or break the socket. Do the CPUs not have writing printed on them? Do you know if they are AMD or Intel? What motherboard are you wanting to put them in to? You should try and figure out what they are before you install them in a motherboard that you don't know if they are compatible. Take pictures and post them if they don't have writing printed on them.
It won't hurt other components unless it physically does not fit and you bend the pins or break the socket. Do the CPUs not have writing printed on them? Do you know if they are AMD or Intel? What motherboard are you wanting to put them in to? You should try and figure out what they are before you install them in a motherboard that you don't know if they are compatible. Take pictures and post them if they don't have writing printed on them.

Solution