Question Will an internal sound card help with Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X electric sound?

Sep 7, 2020
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard with Intel i7-9700K I have the same issue described here:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gigabyte-z390-gaming-x-making-an-electric-buzz-sound.3531617

As I don't wish to replace the motherboard, I'm thinking about getting the following internal sound card:
(Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX PCIe 5.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp)

Will this make the input and output sound clean, or will it also pick up the background noise that comes from the motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It should, yes, to an extent but what sort of audio equipment are you working with? You might want to also look into the power delivery in your house, often times bad wiring in a crib can cause white noise, not to mention a bad(quality) PSU.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on and if it needs updating.

Sep 7, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It should, yes, to an extent but what sort of audio equipment are you working with? You might want to also look into the power delivery in your house, often times bad wiring in a crib can cause white noise, not to mention a bad(quality) PSU.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on and if it needs updating.

Thank you :)

Regarding the audio equipment, I'm not using my computer as a studio computer. Usually I use it for gaming and I can hear that noise and also other gamers that I speak to hear it. Moreover, this noise can be heard without any equipment by just getting closer to the computer case and listening.

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair DDR 4 32G (16Gx2) 3000 CL16 Vengeance LPX Black CMK32GX4M2D3000C16
SSD/HDD: Corsair SSD 480GB MP510 NVMe PCIEx4 M.2
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super GAMING OC 8G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GC Video Card
PSU: ANTEC PSU 750W High Current Gamer Gold
OS: Windows 10 64-bit. The issue happens in Linux Mint as well.