[SOLVED] Will an msi amd radeon r9 280x fit in my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afarina85

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I have ordered an msi amd radeon r9 280x and it looks really big from what I've seen and don't know if it will fit in my PC. is there ways to make it fit by turning it sideways or something? for those of you who have installed a 280x was it an easy install? Here are my PC specs:

3rd generation intel core i5-3470 processor

12GB DDR3 system memory

2TB hardrive

( I also installed a new PSU today a corsair 600 watt.)

Am on windows 8.1, I'm new to pcs and upgrading graphics cards any help would be great!!

Solution

That should be good. The more I look at the picture I found, the more I think you'll be ok. If I helped, I'd appreciate you hitting best answer. =)

daniel_blacke

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015

Well, a new case would work but seems extreme unless your heart is set on that card. I don't think you could have it "sticking out". Have you opened your case and measured how much space is available? It looks like some wiring will need to be moved to one side or the other. Have you looked into needing a bigger PSU?

Afarina85

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I would like this card a lot!! I would even get a new case if I have to but the card is about 10 inches and the current card I have is like 3 or 4 haha. The wires on my psu could get in the way also but I'm getting the card tommrow and I'm gonna try my hardest to move some stuff around maybe and see if I can get it to fit.

Afarina85

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I'm upgraded today and installed the psu it's a corsair 600 watt. I was told It would handle the card it was purchased off Amazon for around 70 dollars ( default price was 112$)

daniel_blacke

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015

That should be good. The more I look at the picture I found, the more I think you'll be ok. If I helped, I'd appreciate you hitting best answer. =)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.