[SOLVED] Will an RX 5700 XT Be Able to Handle 1440p?

Optiplex4G

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
I've been thinking about upgrading from 1080p to 1440p, but I'd like to make sure that my card can handle the higher resolution. I don't expect ultra settings, but I would like to be able to have medium settings and a solid 60 fps.

Solution
Its a very decent card and it should be alright. I run all my games on a 1440p (60hz) panel using a RTX 2070.

Keep in mind in some games you can turn down stuff like shadow and get a decent bump in FPS. Its really hard on most games to see differences between ultra and high on many graphic settings, and using high usually brings along a nice FPS bump.

As Eximo wrote it will depend on the game, and if you have a high refresh panel you will likely have to do some tweaking on the graphic settings to get those high frame numbers.

Optiplex4G

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
Depends on the game title to some extent, but I don't see why not. Still a very top tier card.

The most graphically demanding games in my library right now are RDR2 and The Witcher 3. I do have a secondary 1080p monitor so worst case scenario if my framerate tanks playing either of those games I could always play them on that monitor instead.

Its a very decent card and it should be alright. I run all my games on a 1440p (60hz) panel using a RTX 2070.

Keep in mind in some games you can turn down stuff like shadow and get a decent bump in FPS. Its really hard on most games to see differences between ultra and high on many graphic settings, and using high usually brings along a nice FPS bump.

As Eximo wrote it will depend on the game, and if you have a high refresh panel you will likely have to do some tweaking on the graphic settings to get those high frame numbers.

Solution