[SOLVED] Will an SSD help my Lag spike/Frame drops problem?

OhFuji

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
i get lag spikes/ frame drops in games and its annoying. its mostly in open world or big games liek rust/gta/ star wars old republic even tho i have 16gb ram. m,y specs are gtx 1070 i7 6700k 16gb ram 430 watt power supply bronze. idk if its my hardrive cause i cant tell if its 7200rpm because when i type up the model number it doesnt say. this is the model number [
Model ST1000DM010-2EP102] is it to do with my hardrive not being 7200rpm or something. or could it be my PSU only being 430 watt bronze? could anyone help me because lag spikes and frame drops are really annyoing because im getting 100+ fps. its just dropping every 3 secconds when i move around the map. [edit] my fps in rainbow six siege is amazing getting 140 consistently but with bigger more open world games i get lag spikes. cheers

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Have you monitored GPU % usage and temperature under load?
Have you monitored CPU (individual cores, not overall package) % usage and temperature under load?

You can use MSI Afterburner to monitor these (and RAM, DISK usage etc.) during games to see what may be hitting their limitations and causing the drops.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Have you monitored GPU % usage and temperature under load?
Have you monitored CPU (individual cores, not overall package) % usage and temperature under load?

You can use MSI Afterburner to monitor these (and RAM, DISK usage etc.) during games to see what may be hitting their limitations and causing the drops.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS