Question Will an Xeon E3-1245 v3 bottleneck a RTX 3060ti?

Dec 19, 2022
I am planning on getting a RTX 3060ti, but my current setup uses an Xeon CPU (4c 8t). Will this largely bottleneck the GPU’s abilities? Or will it not cause much of an issue?

I am planning on getting a RTX 3060ti, but my current setup uses an Xeon CPU (4c 8t). Will this largely bottleneck the GPU’s abilities? Or will it not cause much of an issue?
If you play at 2560 × 1440 or lower resolution (mid settings), the Xeon E3-1245 v3 will hold back the RTX 3060 Ti.
Monitor resolution and games titles will dictate the bottleneck percentage.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
when you use xeons CPUs, it's easier to tell people what the "civilian" variant is
in this case the "Xeon E3-1245 v3" is equivalent to the i7 4770

"bottlenecking" is not an "issue". Like it will not create a problem. Despite what people write on this forum. it simply means than your GPU will wait for the CPU.
if you have a good deal on the GPU and can't upgrade the rest of the PC for now, it may be the better solution.

Make sure everything else is good, like at least 16GB of ram, SSD for windows and games, good Power supply, etc

Then just check on the game's page what is the minimum CPU requirement.

Don't expect to run Star Citizen, but older or indie games should work.

Dec 19, 2022
when you use xeons CPUs, it's easier to tell people what the "civilian" variant is
in this case the "Xeon E3-1245 v3" is equivalent to the i7 4770

"bottlenecking" is not an "issue". Like it will not create a problem. Despite what people write on this forum. it simply means than your GPU will wait for the CPU.
if you have a good deal on the GPU and can't upgrade the rest of the PC for now, it may be the better solution.

Make sure everything else is good, like at least 16GB of ram, SSD for windows and games, good Power supply, etc

Then just check on the game's page what is the minimum CPU requirement.

Don't expect to run Star Citizen, but older or indie games should work.
You’re correct, bottnecking isn’t really an issue, but it can be frustrating when you get a mid-range card and can’t use it to it’s full potential.

The price for the GPU is a very good deal, and I have a good enough system to run it (Corsair PSU, SSD, plenty of ram). I guess I’ll just get it and see what happens. Hopefully it will last until I build a new PC.