[SOLVED] Will anything happen if I take out a nvme m.2 ssd, then back in the same mobo?

Dec 12, 2019
This is likely a very dumb question, but I'm worried I'll mess something up so I thought I might as well be sure that I don't. Thanks in advance.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Death, doom, and destruction shall ensue!!!

Seriously though, nothing should happen as long as you power the system down and ground yourself during removal/installation.

Why do you want to remove it any way?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Death, doom, and destruction shall ensue!!!

Seriously though, nothing should happen as long as you power the system down and ground yourself during removal/installation.

Why do you want to remove it any way?

Dec 12, 2019
I found a deal with a motherboard that had a m.2 ssd with it pre-installed, that has windows on it. But it's only 250gb, and I'm planning on buying another 1tb nvme for games, and I want to put it in the top slot where the other one is, because that one has a heatsink

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Adding the second SSD should not impact the first one, unless you plan on installing Windows (fresh, clean install) on the larger SSD. Otherwise, just like adding an additional SSD or HDD.

Consult your motherboard manual to make sure you know whether some SATA ports are disabled when using NVME SSDs. If so, don't try to use those ports.

ASK THE COMMUNITY