Question Will Asrock support B350 motherboards for Ryzen 3000 and Ryzen 2000 processors?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I am going back to mini-ITX for Ryzen and currently have the Ryzen 3 1200 and RX 570 and 8gb of DDR4 2400 mhz ram that I will upgrade at some point. However, I wanted to get the best mini-ITX motherboard so I don't need to upgrade down the line. Hope it will last for a while until this generation is obsolete.

I was thinking of getting this motherboard since it's quite cheap: Asrock Mini-ITX Motherboard B350 Gaming ITX/AC

I believe it does have WiFi though I use ethernet now and M.2 support too though I already have a SATA SSD and 3.5 inch HDD which will fit in the SUGO SG13 case I plan to get. For the CPU cooler I will either get a low profile Noctua AM4 cooler or a Corsair 120 AM4 supported AIO if it's around the £50 price point. Sometimes it goes on sale. If not I'll get the Noctua low profile one. That will fit fine and all my other parts will fit in the case.

But I was wondering if B350 boards are supported for next gen CPUs at least Ryzen 3000? I know some manufacturers like MSI have said they won't support it. But I don't know if Asrock will. Would it be a good idea to get a B350 board since it's cheaper or should I get the B450 ITX one?

Lutfij

Titan
If you're looking at getting the best, you should be looking at something more concurrent, like the B450 chipset not the previous gen. As it stands, you're supposed to be looking at the B450 if you want to pair a 2nd Gen Ryzen on the board and you should choose a board with a proper VRM area since the 2nd gen's were known to be power hungry.

I would ask you to hold out about the Ryzen 3000 series since it's been stated that the new platform will bring in PCIe 4.0 meaning a new chipset.

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
If you're looking at getting the best, you should be looking at something more concurrent, like the B450 chipset not the previous gen. As it stands, you're supposed to be looking at the B450 if you want to pair a 2nd Gen Ryzen on the board and you should choose a board with a proper VRM area since the 2nd gen's were known to be power hungry.

I would ask you to hold out about the Ryzen 3000 series since it's been stated that the new platform will bring in PCIe 4.0 meaning a new chipset.

Hang on you mean they are releasing an entire new platform for Ryzen 3000? That's a shame because I was hoping to upgrade before June since I am traveling and need a small case though I can't afford two ITX motherboards. ITX is very expensive. I only have enough saved up for a case, motherboard, possibly AM4 cooler. Guess I have to wait then.