[SOLVED] Will be ok ?

mariocyprus

Honorable
Aug 29, 2014
Hey guys.. i will buy ryzen 5 2600 with motherboard asrock b450m pro4 and ram 1x8 gb 3200mh...
The problem is that cpu say that maximuk system memory is 2966mh but my ram 3200mh.. that will make cpu overclock ? Will be ok my cpu ?

Solution
Hey there,

I wouldn't worry too much about the ram. If the ram has XMP settings (which it does). then you simply select the correct speed in the bios. Setting the ram to it's rated speed, will not overclock or damage your CPU. Don't worry. You will be fine.

I'd suggest getting 2 x 4gbs of ram or 2 x 8gbs of ram. Having just 1 x 8 is not the best option for Ryzen systems. 1 x 8gbs mean single channel. 2 x 4 or 8gbs mean dual channel. Dual Channel is best for Ryzen. More performance for free :)
Hey there,

I wouldn't worry too much about the ram. If the ram has XMP settings (which it does). then you simply select the correct speed in the bios. Setting the ram to it's rated speed, will not overclock or damage your CPU. Don't worry. You will be fine.

I'd suggest getting 2 x 4gbs of ram or 2 x 8gbs of ram. Having just 1 x 8 is not the best option for Ryzen systems. 1 x 8gbs mean single channel. 2 x 4 or 8gbs mean dual channel. Dual Channel is best for Ryzen. More performance for free :)

Solution
Hey guys.. i will buy ryzen 5 2600 with motherboard asrock b450m pro4 and ram 1x8 gb 3200mh...
The problem is that cpu say that maximuk system memory is 2966mh but my ram 3200mh.. that will make cpu overclock ? Will be ok my cpu ?

Hello, the 2600 will be compatible, and the ram will be able to be clocked at 3200mhz. I would recommend to get 16gb of ram (2x8) because it is better for ryzen systems however I was writing this message when the answer appeared :p, plus 16gb of ram is a lot better than 8 and it'll run everything, and modern titles very nicely.

Nice.. thank you guys..
I will buy on near future another 8 gb and will be dual.. for now i nees just 8gb

No problem, you are welcome.

Just a note on adding another 8gbs down the line. For dual channel, it's always best to have a 'matched kit'. This is 2 x 4 or 2 x 8, or 2 x 16 or whatever. The reason is because they have been tested to work together.

If you buy a 1 x8gb now, even if you match the same DIMM (ram) further down the line, they may not work together! I know, it sucks, right! :( So when you go to replace the ram to 16gb, sell your current 8gb stick to offset the cost of buying a 2 x matched kit.

You will thank me for this later :)

mariocyprus

Honorable
Aug 29, 2014
No problem, you are welcome.

Just a note on adding another 8gbs down the line. For dual channel, it's always best to have a 'matched kit'. This is 2 x 4 or 2 x 8, or 2 x 16 or whatever. The reason is because they have been tested to work together.

If you buy a 1 x8gb now, even if you match the same DIMM (ram) further down the line, they may not work together! I know, it sucks, right! :( So when you go to replace the ram to 16gb, sell your current 8gb stick to offset the cost of buying a 2 x matched kit.

You will thank me for this later :)
I know about that.. i will think about..

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

TRENDING THREADS