Will better powerline adapters help?

Jemoslaw

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Hi! I use TP-Link TL-PA 4010 Powerline Adapter Kit (TP Link says it's 500Mb/s but we all know it's actually 10/100) and I get about 40-60Mb/s. If I bought a 1Gb/s Adapter Kit, would I have a chance to get ~120Mb/s (120Mb/s is the speed I bought from my internet provider) or is my electrical curcuit a problem? (The building was built 2 years ago - so it's pretty new) Thanks in advance.

I use CAT5E cables everywhere. (From router to Powerline, and from Powerline to the PC). The distance between both adapters is about 15 meters (50ft).

Solution
That is more or less the expected speed on those devices. Of course it depends on your wiring but 50m is a common number you see on testing sites for device that use av500 technology.

I would go to the 1200 speed devices. Even these might not give you the full speed you need but it is your best bet. In addition for unknown reasons you can many times buy the tplink 1200 devices cheaper than other vendors 1000m. The tplink devices also tend to be the top rated devices in many of the review sites.

That is more or less the expected speed on those devices. Of course it depends on your wiring but 50m is a common number you see on testing sites for device that use av500 technology.

I would go to the 1200 speed devices. Even these might not give you the full speed you need but it is your best bet. In addition for unknown reasons you can many times buy the tplink 1200 devices cheaper than other vendors 1000m. The tplink devices also tend to be the top rated devices in many of the review sites.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS