Question Will buying a Gsync monitor improve the situation?

May 10, 2019
Hello,i have saved some money on new hardware and I'm wondering whether I should buy a new gsync monitor or upgrade my cpu to a r5 2600.
Pc specs:
Gtx 1050ti
I5 3470
8gb ram
Windows 10 64 bit
Monitor: dell p2210 1680x1050res 60hz
I mostly play very demanding games such as Assassins Creed Odyssey and Origins,usually my fps is between 35 and 55,but the problem is that it doesn't feel smooth at all.
I know that those particular titles have bad optimization but i have experienced this issue on other games as well.
So my question is, in order to have smoother gameplay, what should i choose to buy,a new cpu r5 2600 or a gsync monitor?
All answers are apriciated.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well your 1050Ti is not that powerful to run a game like Odyssey or Origins.
Well you should consider upgrading both if you ask me, your GPU and CPU.
Buying a Gsync monitor will only cap your FPS to 60HZ but your 1050ti won't even be able to achieve that on these high demanding games.

May 10, 2019
Well your 1050Ti is not that powerful to run a game like Odyssey or Origins.
Well you should consider upgrading both if you ask me, your GPU and CPU.
Buying a Gsync monitor will only cap your FPS to 60HZ but your 1050ti won't even be able to achieve that on these high demanding games.
So for now i should go for the cpu?

So my question is, in order to have smoother gameplay, what should i choose to buy,a new cpu r5 2600 or a gsync monitor?
You should upgrade your graphics card first.
Also consider ram upgrade to 16GB. 8GB is not enough for gaming.
Only then, if performance increase is not sufficient, start thinking about cpu upgrade (this will require a new motherboard and new DDR4 ram).

Last edited:
having anything under a 1060 6gb (and even that is questionable on higher demanding games) and a gsync is a waste. (imho)

your GPU has to be able to perform well to benefit from gsync.

CPU would likely help most

and if you DO go for the ryzen you'll be spending for new MB, ram (ryzen really picky on ram).

also easy way to find out what would benefit you most is to play the game with task manager open on the performance tab(it'll show you graph as logn as it is open and on the tab) and after awhile see if your CPU is maxing out at any point or if your GPU is maxing out.

whichever is closer to maxing is the weaker link

bt a gsync will not really benefit you with a gpu that cant push high fps.

May 10, 2019
having anything under a 1060 6gb (and even that is questionable on higher demanding games) and a gsync is a waste. (imho)

your GPU has to be able to perform well to benefit from gsync.

CPU would likely help most

and if you DO go for the ryzen you'll be spending for new MB, ram (ryzen really picky on ram).

also easy way to find out what would benefit you most is to play the game with task manager open on the performance tab(it'll show you graph as logn as it is open and on the tab) and after awhile see if your CPU is maxing out at any point or if your GPU is maxing out.

whichever is closer to maxing is the weaker link

bt a gsync will not really benefit you with a gpu that cant push high fps.
In those two games my cpu usage is at 100% almost all of time

In those two games my cpu usage is at 100% almost all of time
Can you show screenshot form MSI afterburner hardware monitoring window (when in those games).
Graphs should be visible - FPS,cpu usage, cpu temp,gpu usage,gpu temp,memory usage,ram usage,pagefile usage.
MSI afterburner HW monitoring window looks like this:
(press detach button on MSI afterburner to get a separate HW monitoring window)
Monitoring.png

Reactions: Kilimanjaro101
May 10, 2019
that is likely your issue.
Looks like i will go for r5 2600 and a gtx 10
Can you show screenshot form MSI afterburner hardware monitoring window (when in those games).
Graphs should be visible - FPS,cpu usage, cpu temp,gpu usage,gpu temp,memory usage,ram usage,pagefile usage.
MSI afterburner HW monitoring window looks like this:
(press detach button on MSI afterburner to get a separate HW monitoring window)
Monitoring.png
yes i might even make video showing how my game runs and cpu and gpu usage but bare in my that it wont be today most likely tommorow