Question Will changing from "vga cable" to "dvi-d dual link / hdmi cable" upgrade my graphics quality on a 1920x1080 monitor

dragon3025

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
I have a 1920x1080 monitor with a 60Hz refresh rate. It has a vga connector and a dvi-d connector. My PC outputs in either vga or hdmi.

If I switch from a VGA cable to a cable with one end that's HDMI and another end that's DVI-D Dual link, will my I get a better graphic quality? I'm already using speakers, so the audio isn't an issue.

AJNameS

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Well, I got my HDMI cable as a mobile operator's gift and things got a little better back in time, though half people then told me it doesn't really matter. Well, my eye is kinda' accurate, despite of one little skotoma :D

DVI-to HDMI is still generally better than VGA. How much better I don't know. For a cheap adapter cable like this I'd say it's worth trying it.

dragon3025

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Well, I got my HDMI cable as a mobile operator's gift and things got a little better back in time, though half people then told me it doesn't really matter. Well, my eye is kinda' accurate, despite of one little skotoma :D

DVI-to HDMI is still generally better than VGA. How much better I don't know. For a cheap adapter cable like this I'd say it's worth trying it.
I switched from VGA to DVI but didn't see any appreciable difference (but I'm not a gamer so that could be relevant).
Just try it and judge for yourself like I did. After all, it only involves buying a cable not a new monitor!
I'm going to have to think about it. I didn't want to spend a lot on a monitor, but I don't want to get the cable if it wasn't going to do much. I just realized it would be really nice to get the speaker clutter of my desk, so that's also something to consider.

AJNameS

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Such an adapter costs probably 1 to 4 euro around there. You decide. Ofc it is not the thing like from 720p to 1080p resolution, but you may notice a bit clearer things and your eyes to tire a little slower. Who knows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS