[SOLVED] Will changing my cpu help with bottleneck? FX 4300 vs FX 8150

Jun 6, 2020
I've got an fx 4300 quad core and have a chance of upgrading to an fx 8150. My GPU is gtx 1060 3gb and i know that my cpu is too slow for it even when overclocked. The price for the now CPU is greatly diminished since im buying it second hand. Is it even worth upgrading to it or should i save to money for a new motherboard, cpu and ram with next gen instead? Thanks for help!

Solution
I've got an fx 4300 quad core and have a chance of upgrading to an fx 8150. My GPU is gtx 1060 3gb and i know that my cpu is too slow for it even when overclocked. The price for the now CPU is greatly diminished since im buying it second hand. Is it even worth upgrading to it or should i save to money for a new motherboard, cpu and ram with next gen instead? Thanks for help!
It would help very little unless you could get it for next to nothing price. FX 8350/70 would be better, depending on your MB, FX 6350 maybe best solution.
But..... saving for new system may still be best solution.

When I switched from an 6350 overclocked to 4.9GHz to first Ryzen 1600x it was at least 4 times faster.
It would help very little unless you could get it for next to nothing price. FX 8350/70 would be better, depending on your MB, FX 6350 maybe best solution.

When I switched from an 6350 overclocked to 4.9GHz to first Ryzen 1600x it was at least 4 times faster.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution
Jun 6, 2020

Im getting it for 150 kronas which is 14,47 euro

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
I would agree with Mike on the 8350 upgrade. Before I upgraded to Ryzen, I had an FX 8350 paired with an RX 580 8GB and was playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey on it with very little problem. You could tell there was stutter in cinematics from time to time but otherwise it had no problem playing that game at all.

If that's an option, you may wish to explore it also. If so, I also suggest making sure your motherboard can handle it.

Good luck!

Last edited: