[SOLVED] Is resetting BIOS through CMOS button safe?

May 17, 2021
Umm heyy... I need some help... Actually I wanted to enable my onboard graphics even though I had a GPU and so I went to the bios and enabled it. After I enabled it, I restarted my pc, and couldn't see the hp logo thing while booting up (as i have an hp motherboard.) I used CPUID hardware monitor to check if the onboard graphics was working but no. And also in the bios i set the graphics memory from 128 mb to 1024 mb, which meant the onboard graphics would take 1gb of my ram. Well my computer is working fine, except the onboard graphics aren't working and still taking up 1gb in the form of hardware reserved memory, and also I cant see the bios, just black screen. So I want to reset the bios. But Im concerned if it would mess anything up like windows or something. Im really scared of opeing my pc and moving the bios jumper of replacing the cmos battery. And I want to ask whether the button (CMOS button) would work or not. And so yeah, that was all pretty much to say. Need help :'(
(And also I dont have much knowledge of computers, so yeah...)

Colif

Win 11 Master
what model HP is it?
laptop or PC?
have you tried another cable to attach monitor to pc as sometimes it only shows the bios on certain cables. If you use Display port, try hdmi

i deleted your other post as should only ask once :)

May 17, 2021
what model HP is it?
laptop or PC?
have you tried another cable to attach monitor to pc as sometimes it only shows the bios on certain cables. If you use Display port, try hdmi

i deleted your other post as should only ask once :)
I have the HPZ240 Tower Workstation. My monitor has a VGA cable only so I can only plug it into the VGA port of the GPU. But all this happened after I set the Dedicated GPU to the onboard graphics, before this all it was working fine. I only want to ask that is it safe to reset BIOS settings to default using the CMOS button, and will it delete any data or mess up my hard drive?

May 17, 2021
Hi...
I need some help... :'(
I have to reset my bios settings to the default as I changed some settings in the BIOS and now I cant see the interface, just a black screen (also i hear the beep which means i am in the bios but i cant see the bios). So I decided to clear CMOS using the CMOS button on the motherboard. But I am very concerned that would clearing CMOS remove any data from my hard drive, or will it format my drive or something like that?
Any kind of help would be appreciated.
Thanks ^_^