Will Cooler master V6 200+W cooler be enough for overclocking i5-3750k?

LizardProtection

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hey Tomshardware,

I'm new to overclocking and I've been slowly and steadily building up my machine currently my specs are:

Motherboard: P8Z77-V LX
RAM: 4 GB Corsair 1600 Mhz (will be increasing it to 8 GB)
GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE edition
GPU2: (for 2nd VGA monitor) Nvidia GT 240 (Nevermind this one)
PSU: 750W OcZ power supply
HDD: 7200 RPM normal ones I will be trying to get SSD soon as well

So here's the thing, in a month or so there will be couple hundred $$-s flowing in so I figured why not get better cooling (I have NORMAL cooling and it's bad for "k" CPU and my warm running GPU...)

I want to overclock, so I found this Cooler Master V6 200+W cooler in shop today and it just fits in the budget (I also have to buy bigger Chasis which will be Thermaltake A31 I think...I may change my mind in a bit but yeah...)

I want to avoid buying stuff from amazon if I am not really forced to because I'd rather buy it here from local shops.

So here's the thing, how good is this V6 cooler? will it be enough to keep my CPU cool?

I want IN THEORY to avoid Water cooling because it seems too complicated for me but I may give it a try if this coolers don't work...

So what do you guys think? if not this one which can be used it costs about 110 GEL here which is $67

How loud will this cooler be? will I be able to overclock this CPU till 4.2 Ghz without frying it?(don't ask why I may need it, just question)

Future plans for my PC are: I'd like to buy another 660 Ti and run them in SLI since I'm 720p player right now (1680x1050 resolution, because I really don't like 16:9 resolutions) and at max I'll be playing on 1080p and those vid cards are more than enough for that, what do you think about this ? (just a off topic question to keep things interesting)

Thank you everyone who read this gigantic text!

Thank you everyone for helping me in advance!

Wish you a good day!

Solution
You want better cooling and lower cost go the Hyper 212 EVO, about $35, use it with my 3570K at 4.7 24/7 and another on a 2500K 4.8 24/7 and a bit quieter

LizardProtection

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

How quite is Hyper 212 EVO? or is it loud as an engine of tractor?

LizardProtection

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

by the way at which temps are the CPUs working? I'm asking because usually it's a bit hot in here in summer and if the CPU temp is 70 on OC'd in somewhat cold place it'll be a bit higher here...

LizardProtection

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Alright, thank you very much for your time and help!
Have a good day!