[SOLVED] Will Cooler Master V8 GTS fit Asus Strix H370F mobo?

Solution
My chassis says it could fit a cooler upto 165mm high. I took some measurements, and found out that I should be ok.
:hebe:
That's from the top of the cpu's IHS to the point where the side panel would be if it were closed.

Some manufacturers don't post the exact specs - they'll round to the closest millimeter.
Plus, this doesn't take into account possible manufacturing defects which can slightly alter dimensions.

That's almost a 2mm difference... 🤞

Tri-Mension

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
I have the same mobo. And i have ordered V8 GTS just 04 days back. Still waiting for it, with my fingers crossed.

The main issue that needs to be considered, is the ram clearance on the right and IO shield clearance on the left.

For the ram, i found the following picture, hich shows that it will be ok.

https://www.vortez.net/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24599

For the IO shield, i have seen many installation videos where mobos had the IO shields. So that should be ok too.

And i've also gambled on the chassis. My chassis says it could fit a cooler upto 165mm high. I took some measurements, and found out that I should be ok.

Lets see how it turns out.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
My chassis says it could fit a cooler upto 165mm high. I took some measurements, and found out that I should be ok.
That's from the top of the cpu's IHS to the point where the side panel would be if it were closed.

Some manufacturers don't post the exact specs - they'll round to the closest millimeter.
Plus, this doesn't take into account possible manufacturing defects which can slightly alter dimensions.

Solution

Tri-Mension

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015

Yes exactly. I was faced with the problm of finding the socket thickness, that is from the top of mobo to the top of IHS. So i did some additions subtractions (i knew the exact height of my installed cooler) and the thickness turned out to be about 4.7mm. Which gives me a space of around 4 mm.

I reallt hope it would fit. Will update when it arrives.

Tri-Mension

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
Reactions: Phaaze88