Will Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra dry up?

TheMajesticBurger

Commendable
May 2, 2017
I am planning to delid my 7700k, and adding Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra to replace the Stock Intel TIM. I was wondering if the Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra will dry up after a while? If it will, how can I clean it off?

Solution
I'd use something that you can clean off easily, Arctic MX-4, Noctua NH-T1, Gelid GC extreme... etc. Using liquid metal between the IHS and a heatsink is messy and doesn't give you enough performance to justify the inconvenience IMO.

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017
I used it on my delidded 4770k Haswell, I resealed the lid down after testing that everything was OK, used it for 3 years after that before I sold it without any problems.

To clean it off, I just used alcohol wipes, comes off the core just like any other tim, make sure you just put a very thin layer on the cpu core only, it's very conductive.

TheMajesticBurger

Commendable
May 2, 2017
I want to put this liquid metal on the IHS side that the heatsink touches, but I know this liquid reacts to aluminum very violently. So, does the liquid react if it is near aluminum, or does it have to be directly touching it. Since the Cpu block I plan to buy has a nickel plate, but has some aluminum cover plates on it.

TheMajesticBurger

Commendable
May 2, 2017

What if I want to use it as a thermal paste as well? Like the Side that touches the cpu block

I'd use something that you can clean off easily, Arctic MX-4, Noctua NH-T1, Gelid GC extreme... etc. Using liquid metal between the IHS and a heatsink is messy and doesn't give you enough performance to justify the inconvenience IMO.

Solution

TheMajesticBurger

Commendable
May 2, 2017

Okay I am going to go with the Noctua NT-H1 (people says this has best heat spreading). Thanks for your help! :)