Will Corsair H60 fit FM2+ Socket

ijoshvirk

Commendable
Feb 14, 2017
I'm looking to buy a Corsair H60 for my CPU and I was wondering if the H60 will fit the FM2+ socket. I've read that that H60 fits the FM2 socket and apparently the mounting holes don't differ from the FM2+ mounting holes. So a yes or no answer would be nice as I'm looking to buy this soon!

Many thanks, Josh

Solution
Yes the H60 will fit an FM2+ but dont bother.

NOW with that said it is really no better performance then a good air cooler.

Money will be much better spent saving to get you into a decent platform then dumping money into trying to get a couple more drops of subpar performance out of an fm2 chip.

It is frankly funny how so many people will get the FM2 because it is cheaper, and then dump money into marginal cpu upgrades, high frequency ram, and cooling to try to compensate to achieve near 4th gen i3 performance

ijoshvirk

Commendable
Feb 14, 2017

Thanks for the quick reply! I was just doing it to try overclock my CPU to its max, and yeah It will look nice in my case as well. (Razer NZXT S340)

Dooop805

Respectable
Nov 10, 2016

a10-6800k...
pretty much any of there 4 core parts get really hot if your over 4.3GHz

Yes the H60 will fit an FM2+ but dont bother.

NOW with that said it is really no better performance then a good air cooler.

Money will be much better spent saving to get you into a decent platform then dumping money into trying to get a couple more drops of subpar performance out of an fm2 chip.

It is frankly funny how so many people will get the FM2 because it is cheaper, and then dump money into marginal cpu upgrades, high frequency ram, and cooling to try to compensate to achieve near 4th gen i3 performance

Solution