Will Corsair H80i work without leaks for 4-5 years?

Last Samurai

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hello, I'm going to build a new High-End gaming system that will last me for about 5 years. I need a advice for cpu cooler. Will a corsair H80i last me for 5 years without leaks? becaus i'm afraid that it can have a leak and damage my system.
I`m looking for water cooling because air coolers are to big and will cover my MB and will have problems with high profile RAM like Corsair Dominator.

My system:
i7-3770 OC to 4.2GHz-4.4GHz
Asus Maximus V Formula
Asus Matrix 7970 Platinum
Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 1866MHz
Corsair HX 1050W Gold
Cm Storm Trooper
Corsair H80i or CM V6GT ???

What better?

P.S. I`m only afraid water cooling because I heard about leaks that can damage my great system. Help Please!
Thanks!

Jergens Healing

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
As of now Feb 4th 2017 my H80i is still going strong.
Bought it back in 2013. No leaks.
My temps range from 17°C (idle) - 44°C (gaming).
My only problem is that the link software is buggy when it comes to changing the Corsair Logo colour on the cpu cooler.
Would buy it again for any budget build.

My system:
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Overclocked to 4.6GHz
Asus TUF SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0
Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card
Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Thermaltake V3 Black ATX Mid Tower Case
(4) ARCTIC F12 PWM 74.0 CFM 120mm Fan
Rosewill Hive 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Logitech K800 Wireless Slim Keyboard
Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse

There's no way to guarantee anything. Leaks aren't overly common but can happen. Chances are if you have problems a pump failure would be more likely than a leak, but would still mean replacing the cooler. They cut costs as much as possible to keep prices as low as possible and the pumps that end up getting used aren't always the most robust. An aftermarket component like an ek reservoir with the pump attached to it, no radiator, no hoses, no waterblock etc can run at a higher price than the h80 does.

It's true of anything, you could have an aio cooler that lasts 4-5yrs, you could have one that dies in a month. You could have a bad run and get a bad replacement and have to warranty it twice. Just like you could get a case with multiple case fans included and all the fans could be bad. It's not common but not impossible and despite the experiences of others it doesn't say what you'll experience necessarily.

If you like the looks of water cooling, give it a try. It could very well work fine for you. I'm only trying to be realistic, no amount of praise or good experiences from other users is a guarantee that you absolutely won't have problems. If I had to place bets on a failure of an aio, I'd put money on a pump dying over leaking.