Will Corsair SP series control work with HD fans?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

uchihamitsuke

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
hey guys I've got the same problem, I purchased 2 SP 120 fans bat they didn't come with a hub or a controller, when I start my pc the fans only spin, they don't light up, I can only find an HD fan controller to buy and I'm not sure if this hole thing will work :/

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

Here are links to both Corsair RGB fan controllers, so you can buy it directly from Corsair if you didn't find any other source:
SP RGB controller: http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-sp-rgb-fan-led-controller
HD RGB controller: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-hd-rgb-fan-led-controller

WildPants

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem.

Have 3 RIGs, each with 3x 120 SP fans and 1x 140HD fan.

When I bought them, the 120 fans came in 2 boxes, each having three fans and one controller. The HD140 came in 2 boxes, one had one fan and the controller, and the other had only the two fans.

Now, it seems that the HD140 controller only works with the 140 fan => it needs to be in slot one AND the smaller fans do not light up.
THe other two RIGs, that have the 120 controller, light up all the fans (140 included), BUT only the 120 fans can be programmed from the controller. The 140 fan is blocked on one color: white.

So, if anyone has a solution... please let me know. I thought of buying separate controllers, just to link them separately, so each case will have 2 controllers, one for the 120 fans and one for the single 140 fan. Problem is, I cannot find a store that sells only a controller. I did find something on newegg, BUT that controller is totally different from the ones I got with my fans, it has slots for LED strips (i think), and also 2 more slots for something else, can't remember what.

So be careful when buying different fans! I don't think it's the size, it's simply the fact that the HD fans have different modes (and more LEDs) than the 120 fans. Also, please share a link from where I can buy just the controllers.

Thank you!!

--------------------------------I just saw the links in a comment above.... thanks from the future! :))