Will Corsair Vengeance LED Ram Fit Alongside the BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Cooler on the GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming K3?

wildmitchell

Prominent
May 28, 2018
I have the following parts arriving tomorrow:

- MOBO: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming K3
- Heatsink: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
- RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance White LED 2666Mhz DDR4 Memory

I'm worried that the RAM is going to be too tall for the heatsink. I didn't look too much into the RAM when I purchased it, I simply chose what was cheapest not thinking it'd be an issue.

I've seen some users claim that only LPX is going to fit undernath, some users say that on their board there was enough room between the cooler and three of their four RAM slots completely clear of any overheads. However, nobody's mentioned my specific board which I'm taking as a bad sign.

Do I not bother opening the RAM tomorrow when it comes and order some LPX tonight or do I give it a go but risk selling second hand stuff if it doesn't fit?

In the mean time I'm going to ask my supplier if they're willing to swap the RAM out or something like that to avoid the hassle of having to deal with it when it gets here.

wildmitchell

Prominent
May 28, 2018
I decided to just buy the low profile RAM and return the taller LGB RAM (that was slightly cheaper) which has cost me at least a day, if not the whole weekend, before I can build and £10 shipping... A big shout out to all of the fourteen year olds who've collectively shifted suppliers' focuses onto parts which glow in the dark!

TRENDING THREADS