Will Corsair Vengeance RAM Fit With The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

pf1computers

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hi Guys,

This is my first build and I need some advice. Will Corsair Vengeance RAM fit with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO on the ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Motherboard? Also, does the low-profile version get hotter than the regular version, or is the performance the same?

Thanks for your answers.

Solution
D
^ I have no idea what this means. Any GSkill Ripjaws or low profile Vengance will fit with a Hyper 212.

The high profile Vengance has a hard time fitting under any aftermarket air coolers. It will fit with a Hyper 212 in some boards but I would not take the chance.

Since DDR3 is low voltage none of it needs heat spreaders so I don't really know why Corsair made the high profile stuff at all. Performance is exactly the same. The high profile version is just for looks.

Roadkill325

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
This took quite a bit of math lol... Your Asus P8Z77-V-PRO is equipped with an LGA 1155 CPU socket. This socket's length/width is 37.5 mm (1.4 inches) and the distance between the CPU socket and Ram slots is about (using common sense) the same size as the CPU socket, leaving an inch and a half between the CPU and RAM. However. the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO width (lined up with the RAM) is 120 mm (4.7 inches). Now if the fan is centered correctly upon the CPU a third of 4.7 inches would be the length of the fan that extends towards the RAM. 4.7/3=1.5 inches and the space between the RAM and CPU is 1.4 inches.

Conclusion: No, the RAM wouldn't be able to fit in your motherboard with the 212 EVO inside and neither would the 212 EVO alone.

Solution: Find a larger motherboard or a different cooling system

P.S. I apologize for all the math... :D

D

Deleted member 217926

^ I have no idea what this means. Any GSkill Ripjaws or low profile Vengance will fit with a Hyper 212.

The high profile Vengance has a hard time fitting under any aftermarket air coolers. It will fit with a Hyper 212 in some boards but I would not take the chance.

Since DDR3 is low voltage none of it needs heat spreaders so I don't really know why Corsair made the high profile stuff at all. Performance is exactly the same. The high profile version is just for looks.

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

Do you have that identical board? If not you can't say for sure it will fit since different boards have different distances between the DIMMs and the socket. And Ripjaws is not anywhere near as tall as Vengance. My Ripjaws fits under my huge Scythe Mugen 2. I had to install the RAM before the CPU cooler though.

pf1computers

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Thanks for the help. I'll get the low profile ram to solve the problem

D

Deleted member 217926

^ I'm not sure that's "help" as his conclusion is " No RAM would be able to fit in your motherboard and neither would the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO " and that's totally wrong.

pf1computers

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

I guess so. Thanks for your answer. It was simple and to the point.

Roadkill325

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

What I typed means is the processor fan he wishes to put inside his motherboard is too large and would have to sit on top of his RAM slots (without touching) to fit above his processor. Just because you do not understand something it doesn't mean it's wrong, but feel free to disprove me.

D

Deleted member 217926

The cooler mounts to the motherboard. It goes inside the case. And by your methodology no aftermarket cooler would fit on any motherboard. The Hyper 212 is tiny compared to a high end cooler.