Question Will corsair vs450 be enough for gtx 670

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps worth asking, do you have the GTX 670 already, and if not, are you currently using these system with other graphics hardware? If so, what graphics card and power supply does it have installed now?

You should spend more on a PSU now rather than having to buy another PSU and other replacement hardware if your cheap PSU fails.
It is worth pointing out that this is a system with fairly old hardware. Buying a higher-end PSU for a brand new system with components costing hundreds each is probably a good idea to help protect that investment, but an older system with an i5-2300 and 4GB of RAM will probably be due for a replacement or major upgrades before long anyway.

Do you know that these psus have 11 year life span 100,000hours so its ok if the psu is 1 year old or even 2
Not sure what PSUs you're talking about. I jumped in when the Antec used ones were the only ones used posted, and no, those aren't anywhere near 11 years. Even the Gold rated unit I linked to made by SeaSonic is only warrantied for 10, but none the less, a bargain at 67 GBP.

Also, those older Antec PSUs you asked about are designed with slit foil vs solid state capacitors, so they run hotter, and don't last nearly as long. Heat is also largely what causes power to be lost, which is directly related to efficiency and throttling. Slit foil caps eventually slowly leak fluid, and lose their power output by as much as 10%.

PSUs are not at all made like they used to be. Now a days even some PSUs with Chinese capacitors aren't junk anymore due to the design of caps used. Again, PSUs are important parts and not as simple and easy to learn about as you might think.

This is the kind of thing you're best off asking someone in the know, not LMAOing at them for how they respond to random YouTube claims. You're very much in the position of asking here, not teaching, and the more you play that down, the less you'll learn.

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Not sure what PSUs you're talking about. I jumped in when the Antec used ones were the only ones used posted, and no, those aren't anywhere near 11 years. Even the Gold rated unit I linked to made by SeaSonic is only warrantied for 10, but none the less, a bargain at 67 GBP.

Also, those older Antec PSUs you asked about are designed with slit foil vs solid state capacitors, so they run hotter, and don't last nearly as long. Heat is also largely what causes power to be lost, which is directly related to efficiency and throttling. Slit foil caps eventually slowly leak fluid, and lose their power output by as much as 10%.

PSUs are not at all made like they used to be. Now a days even some PSUs with Chinese capacitors aren't junk anymore due to the design of caps used. Again, PSUs are important parts and not as simple and easy to learn about as you might think.

This is the kind of thing you're best off asking someone in the know, not LMAOing at them for how they respond to random YouTube claims. You're very much in the position of asking here, not teaching, and the more you play that down, the less you'll learn.
Ok

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Perhaps worth asking, do you have the GTX 670 already, and if not, are you currently using these system with other graphics hardware? If so, what graphics card and power supply does it have installed now?

It is worth pointing out that this is a system with fairly old hardware. Buying a higher-end PSU for a brand new system with components costing hundreds each is probably a good idea to help protect that investment, but an older system with an i5-2300 and 4GB of RAM will probably be due for a replacement or major upgrades before long anyway.

Yes i already have all parts i have the gtx 670 not planning on making an upgrdes later as i dont really have a buget for this. And i just need a psu thats all. I know my setup will do around a bout 140+ fps fortnite which primarly what im making it for so it ok

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019

Iv seen many people on youtubr using the cx500 and the gtx 670 with no problems at all i think its fine. Its made by corsair not some random company plus its 80+ efficiant there will br no problem with it. Its not as bad as u think

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Im getting a CX500 CORSAIR i think its very good for my setup

Gtx670 nvidia normal one
i5 2300
2case fans
Msi motherboard
4gb ram
I AM NOT OVERCLOCKING AT ALL!
thanks

Status