Question Will corsair vs450 be enough for gtx 670

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Well after shipping and taxes you will exceed that.

You cannot simply get an adequate PSU for this system at that pricepoint.
Like i said i dont have an actual buget with this i only got £18.70 in paypal and 4.30 pound i need to withdraw which i made like in 2months. No more money at all.
C
Well after shipping and taxes you will exceed that.

You cannot simply get an adequate PSU for this system at that pricepoint.
[/QUOTE

Isnt the antec neo power good it looks good plus the guys giving it for very cheap

Iv seen many people on youtubr using the cx500 and the gtx 670 with no problems at all i think its fine. Its made by corsair not some random company plus its 80+ efficiant there will br no problem with it. Its not as bad as u think
Correction, you've seen many people claim it to be so. Have you actually SEEN how each game they play performs 24/7? Of course not, they're only commenting off knee jerk reactions, or half truths. A lot of noobs builders don't even know or care what to look for when it comes to PSU caused performance issues, or the risks involved. They're just happy they found a cheap PSU that they think works good enough.

As was already explained to you, there are also many cases of CX units failing, especially when they're under the recommended wattage for the GPU used. As I also explained, you're more likely to find people telling you what you want to hear on sites like YT. The ones with failures are too upset to talk about it, and more likely dealing with RMAs or the "done with it, don't want to talk about it, going with another brand" syndrome. Then there's the throttling often associated with poor quality, under powered PSUs, which can and does affect performance.

I can tell you haven't been paying much attention here as people in the know whom offer help do. We constantly see the typical "My FPS are suddenly dropping" threads, and the typical first question is, "What PSU are you using". It's often the first question because it can be one of the main causes of such problems, and new builders often underestimate the importance of that component, so they don't even list it in their spec.

I really don't even get why you're wasting people's valuable time asking here. You clearly have no respect for the advice you're being given. It seems like you should just ask on YouTube and take your chances. You waffle back and forth between "OK", when the responses go over your head, only to come back with the same old tired, "But YouTube says" wishful thinking based on people whom buy parts on chance.

I'm done trying to contribute wisdom here to the thick headed. This thread should really be locked. You're only wasting space with it via your naive stubbornness. A decade or more could go by before you actually retain any useful knowledge of PC building, and all because you cling to noobs whom haven't a clue how to build.

Last edited:

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Also, those older Antec PSUs you asked about are designed with slit foil vs solid state capacitors, so they run hotter, and don't last nearly as long. Heat is also largely what causes power to be lost, which is directly related to efficiency and throttling. Slit foil caps eventually slowly leak fluid, and lose their power output by as much as 10%.

PSUs are not at all made like they used to be. Now a days even some PSUs with Chinese capacitors aren't junk anymore due to the design of caps used. Again, PSUs are important parts and not as simple and easy to learn about as you might think.
Modern PSUs still use some non solid electrolytic capacitors. Or do you mean they used to use all non solid caps?

Or do you mean they used to use all non solid caps?
Yes, this is what I meant, but it also can't be stressed enough that you won't likely get as good quality slit foil caps in cheap PSUs, and those are the main parts that 1) give off heat, 2) degrade over time and lose power output, and 3) can utterly fail if poor quality.

At times cheap PSUs can also be a wrecking ball on other much more expensive parts too, especially those that draw the most power.

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Correction, you've seen many people claim it to be so. Have you actually SEEN how each game they play performs 24/7? Of course not, they're only commenting off knee jerk reactions, or half truths. A lot of noobs builders don't even know or care what to look for when it comes to PSU caused performance issues, or the risks involved. They're just happy they found a cheap PSU that they think works good enough.

As was already explained to you, there are also many cases of CX units failing, especially when they're under the recommended wattage for the GPU used. As I also explained, you're more likely to find people telling you what you want to hear on sites like YT. The ones with failures are too upset to talk about it, and more likely dealing with RMAs or the "done with it, don't want to talk about it, going with another brand" syndrome. Then there's the throttling often associated with poor quality, under powered PSUs, which can and does affect performance.

I can tell you haven't been paying much attention here as people in the know whom offer help do. We constantly see the typical "My FPS are suddenly dropping" threads, and the typical first question is, "What PSU are you using". It's often the first question because it can be one of the main causes of such problems, and new builders often underestimate the importance of that component, so they don't even list it in their spec.

I really don't even get why you're wasting people's valuable time asking here. You clearly have no respect for the advice you're being given. It seems like you should just ask on YouTube and take your chances. You waffle back and forth between "OK", when the responses go over your head, only to come back with the same old tired, "But YouTube says" wishful thinking based on people whom buy parts on chance.

I'm done trying to contribute wisdom here to the thick headed. This thread should really be locked. You're only wasting space with it via your naive stubbornness. A decade or more could go by before you actually retain any useful knowledge of PC building, and all because you cling to noobs whom haven't a clue how to build.
Lmao youtuberstelling me what i want to hear . Thats false its just a normal person whos using the psu with their gtx670 its not like they want a load of views or anything. Ffs your acting like corsair has literally engineerd a bomb thats how your reacting right now. Its corsair a top brand reviewd by linus tech tips if u know who that is. Ur acting like corsair have literally made CRAP and is completely unusable. All u guys do is want people to go for the top brands completely blowing peoples bugets out the window. People say they want this type of psu u guys recommend a unecessary 100w+ the recommended adding on £20 more whilst the pc actually uses 350w on load. If a psu is 350w on load. And someone gets a 500w psu. I mean you dont even need the 80+ efficiany a normal standard 500w psu will do the job.

Quote me, i never said that.

Is the PSU good? No.
Would i trust it to power a 670 reliably? No.

Do i think you should not risk your GPU until you can get an adaquate GPU? Yes.

The Corsair CX500 is certainly not the worst PSU out there, but not good at all. I wouldn't trust it for any gaming grade hardware.

Lmao youtuberstelling me what i want to hear . Thats false its just a normal person whos using the psu with their gtx670 its not like they want a load of views or anything. Ffs your acting like corsair has literally engineerd a bomb thats how your reacting right now. Its corsair a top brand reviewd by linus tech tips if u know who that is. Ur acting like corsair have literally made CRAP and is completely unusable. All u guys do is want people to go for the top brands completely blowing peoples bugets out the window. People say they want this type of psu u guys recommend a unecessary 100w+ the recommended adding on £20 more whilst the pc actually uses 350w on load. If a psu is 350w on load. And someone gets a 500w psu. I mean you dont even need the 80+ efficiany a normal standard 500w psu will do the job.
Then why is it you're even still asking here if YouTube has all the answers as you seem to imply?

Classic case of denial. If you're expecting some kind of validation on bad PSU choices from those whom actually know about such things, you're not going to get it here. Any tech forum that's worth it's salt would tell you the same thing.

Again, you're obviously in the position of asking, not teaching. This is a common case of "Must be true, because I heard it on YouTube".

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Then why is it you're even still asking here if YouTube has all the answers as you seem to imply?

Classic case of denial. If you're expecting some kind of validation on bad PSU choices from those whom actually know about such things, you're not going to get it here. Any tech forum that's worth it's salt would tell you the same thing.

Again, you're obviously in the position of asking, not teaching. This is a common case of "Must be true, because I heard it on YouTube".
Ok here is a pc builder who made a pc with a gtx 670 and a ryzen 5 he is benchmarking it. Check in the comments my comment should be there its named ghost kz he recommends me to use any brand 500w psu. Here is the video:
View: https://youtu.be/4Oxr7ef-ntE

And here is him using rx570 and i5 8400 with 500w psu. He recommends me to use any brand 500w psu here is the build video
View: https://youtu.be/r2p8wK7yUY0

Just because you can put a round peg in a round hole when installing a psu doesn't mean you know jack about psus.

All of the professionals including ones design psus for a living will tell you the exact opposite of what some random guy on YouTube says.

I think @jonnyguru would probably agree the Corsair cx500 isnt good, and he literally works for corsair.

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Just because you can put a round peg in a round hole when installing a psu doesn't mean you know jack about psus.

All of the professionals including ones design psus for a living will tell you the exact opposite of what some random guy on YouTube says.

I think @jonnyguru would probably agree the Corsair cx500 isnt good, and he literally works for corsair.

Show me what jhonny guru says about cx500

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
OK Great, we have devolved into a 4 page flame war about whether or not to use a good PSU.

@King084 not using a junk PSU is an established fact, you've had multiple experts in here tell you this and yet this thread continues on and on with no resolution.

We will not have these types of flame wars on this site. This thread has been nothing but a mean spirited argument. If you want help from people here, ask them questions and respect their answers. If you can't do that then maybe this site is not for you. But I will not let this continue. Thread closed.

If you have a problem with this please respond to me privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.