Question Will cyberpunk run?

Jun 18, 2019
Hey guys i know this question has been asked for months now but i want to know after cyberpunk was shown in E3 how does my system fair against cyberpunk 2077 on 1080p
GPU:RTX 2060 XC ultra gaming 6GB
CPU:Intel core i5 4460 3.2
MB: Gigabyte Z97x-gaming
RAM:8 GB DDR3 (planning to get another 8)
MONITOR : 25 inch LG 1080p full HD
My power can sustain these for now so i wont add that

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Who knows.
Last I checked system requirements have yet to be released.

But you have the newest budget mid range GPU meant for 1080p gaming.
The only thing that might hurt your overall performance would be the CPU I think in large open world areas.

I would guess you could at least run it in 1080p low settings, but only time will tell once system requirements are released

Minimum requirements are :

• CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4 GB

So no, you are probably not going to have a fun time with that product if those are the MINIMUM requirements AND if they are accurate, which we won't know FOR CERTAIN until they can be verified, which you don't meet in either CPU or graphics card performance.

Jun 18, 2019

So no, you are probably not going to have a fun time with that product if those are the MINIMUM requirements AND if they are accurate, which we won't know FOR CERTAIN until they can be verified, which you don't meet in either CPU or graphics card performance.
It seems to me that info only has cpu higher than mine (RAM doesn't matter as im upgrading it anyways to 16 GB) am i wrong? 🤔?

Jun 18, 2019
Who knows.
Last I checked system requirements have yet to be released.

But you have the newest budget mid range GPU meant for 1080p gaming.
The only thing that might hurt your overall performance would be the CPU I think in large open world areas.

I would guess you could at least run it in 1080p low settings, but only time will tell once system requirements are released
RTX 2060 and still low? I get cpu is low but i have 10 months to upgrade that and i will

Your RTX 2060 does not perform on par with a GTX 1080 TI, or even close to it. A GTX 1070, THAT is about what your card performs like, give or take, close enough, but if it actually REQUIRES a GTX 1080 TI or higher, which I'm skeptical about because that means very few people are going to be able to play this game, then it's pack it up and go home with that GPU.

I think you should simply wait until some verifiable system requirements come out a little closer to launch and authorized by CD Projekt Red.

Jun 18, 2019
Your RTX 2060 does not perform on par with a GTX 1080 TI, or even close to it. A GTX 1070, THAT is about what your card performs like, give or take, close enough, but if it actually REQUIRES a GTX 1080 TI or higher, which I'm skeptical about because that means very few people are going to be able to play this game, then it's pack it up and go home with that GPU.

I think you should simply wait until some verifiable system requirements come out a little closer to launch and authorized by CD Projekt Red.
Well I'll be damned 😂 guess ill wait close to lunch to see what happens then upgrade based on that.
Thanks for the information

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

Those are not the requirements they are the specs of the system that ran the E3 demo. Project Red has yet to release the Minimum-Recommended specs.

Cyberpunk will be based off a RedEngine 4 API and no details have yet to be released other than the Windows/PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will all run it.

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
Hey guys i know this question has been asked for months now but i want to know after cyberpunk was shown in E3 how does my system fair against cyberpunk 2077 on 1080p
GPU:RTX 2060 XC ultra gaming 6GB
CPU:Intel core i5 4460 3.2
MB: Gigabyte Z97x-gaming
RAM:8 GB DDR3 (planning to get another 8)
MONITOR : 25 inch LG 1080p full HD
My power can sustain these for now so i wont add that
i would get the 4790k with a very decent cooler and then u are fine

Jun 18, 2019
Those are not the requirements they are the specs of the system that ran the E3 demo. Project Red has yet to release the Minimum-Recommended specs.

Cyberpunk will be based off a RedEngine 4 API and no details have yet to be released other than the Windows/PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will all run it.
That rig played it on high or ultra right? if you had to guess the specs for release based on that how would you go about it?

Yeah, I didn't figure they were the CORRECT system requirements, but they ARE listed by several sites as the minimum system requirements. Since they wanted information that currently isn't available, that is all there is to relay in terms of that. Obviously, like I said, those specs are not going to be accurate but right now they are all there is to go on.

i would get the 4790k with a very decent cooler and then u are fine

Don't make statements like this when you have absolutely no idea whether it's accurate or not. When The Witcher 3 came out, there were very few systems that could meet the recommended system requirements, and even people who had 980 TI cards with SLI configurations had a VERY hard time running it at 1080p with Ultra settings, and had to move a LOT of sliders to the left to make the game playable. Clearly updates and patches fixed some of that, but mostly it introduced a new upgrade cycle to a lot of people who probably had not intended to upgrade at that time before that happened. So your assumptions that ANY given hardware configuration will be enough, are probably both far fetched and premature, without having something to base that statement ON.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
That rig played it on high or ultra right? if you had to guess the specs for release based on that how would you go about it?

They wouldn't comment at the demo but two particular statements were made after the showing which might help shine some light on a conclusion.

1. CD Projekt Red has since confirmed that it's targeting the Xbox One and PS4 specs.
  2. The development team via Twitter is ensuring that the game has the scalability to run on a variety of different hardware specs.

Reactions: Darkbreeze

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

Where did you find these requirements?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
You don't want to know.

Hint: It's the very first Google result. LOL. And it's just as accurate as the other ten sites that list it as minimum specs as well. Of course, we know that those are the specs of the demo system, not the actual requirements, so it's worthless, or less than worthless.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/cyberpunk-2077/13169
Lol, I always go to https://game-debate.com
They not only provide minimum/recommended, but also do their own adjusted requirements that are more reasonable and realistic.

And they also have a nice system in place where you can give it your hardware and it'll tell you what performance to expect on average as well as comparing your hardware to the system requirements and giving you + or - % in comparison to the requirements.

And if you go there now, you'll see that they don't post any official requirements and instead say "Minimum/Recommended Requirements, Predicted"

Screenshot-2019-06-24-18-42-32.png

Game debate is old, and I've always found it kind of laughable, but I haven't been there in a LONG time, so it may have been improved since then. Regardless though, they can't do much when nobody has the game to test anyhow.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I've seen a lot of games before that had versions for the PS4 and Xbox variants, that had PC versions with WAY higher system requirements especially if it was a port that was badly done, but even when it wasn't.

Jun 18, 2019
Don't make statements like this when you have absolutely no idea whether it's accurate or not. When The Witcher 3 came out, there were very few systems that could meet the recommended system requirements, and even people who had 980 TI cards with SLI configurations had a VERY hard time running it at 1080p with Ultra settings, and had to move a LOT of sliders to the left to make the game playable. Clearly updates and patches fixed some of that, but mostly it introduced a new upgrade cycle to a lot of people who probably had not intended to upgrade at that time before that happened. So your assumptions that ANY given hardware configuration will be enough, are probably both far fetched and premature, without having something to base that statement ON.
Honestly i played Witcher 3 on ultra at 1080 p with GTX 760 windforce oc 4GB i didn't have lag at all believe it or not(with AA off though) so that is why im shocked everyone is saying if we don't have anything lower than a GPU that runs on on par with GTX 1080 TI, RTX 2070 or 2080 or 2080 TI we can't run it but i completely agree that we won't know for sure till launch after all witcher 3 that was shown on E3 and the one released were two different things (the downgrade was obvious if you remember)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Game debate is old, and I've always found it kind of laughable, but I haven't been there in a LONG time, so it may have been improved since then. Regardless though, they can't do much when nobody has the game to test anyhow.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I've seen a lot of games before that had versions for the PS4 and Xbox variants, that had PC versions with WAY higher system requirements especially if it was a port that was badly done, but even when it wasn't.
I honestly don't see what could be so "laughable" about the site.
I've been using it for over 5 years. And it's been very helpful to me over the years.

Obviously not these days since I have a more than competent system that I don't have to worry about not performing well for still a while to come and so I haven't needed to bother checking my specs to the requirements of games.
Also because I have a much better understanding nowadays of gaming tech and the performance variances.

Here's another two screenshot, this time not from my phone, that shows how it works.

First one is the top where it shows my specs in my profile, along with giving these specs a rating.
(Oh, btw, you don't have to plug your specs in everytime you want to check requirements if you create an account and put your specs in there)

And second pic here shows how it does the green +% and tells you what your hardware is like in comparison to the system requirements in a fairly easy to understand way.
Obviously my specs are above the recomended (which is for high preset at 1080p 60fps)

So honestly, what's laughable to me, is how so many other sites even bother to stick around and post system requirements when a site like this does more than they do to actually help the individual get a basic understanding of how their hardware stacks up to said requirements.

Because the system requirements only tell you specific hardware, and to an individual who doesn't deeply understand enough of all the minor intricacies of this tech, and just likes to keep things simple in their lives and doesn't ever want to bother with learning too much about tech, this sort of thing is like a god send to those people.

Sure, the site as whole is kind of average with all the tech news articles and stuff that just regurgitate information just like nearly every other tech news place on the web, but that's not what I go there for.
I go there exclusively for the system requirements, and that's all.
And in that regard, I think they are the best place to go for them due to how they handle it for the end user.

They are definitely not the worst site out there. They USED to be pretty bad though, years ago. More than five years.

Consider, they've been around for like 11 years. For the first few years, at least, they were laughable. Sorry, but it's a fact. Ask any veteran member of this forum and they'll tell you flat out. Whether they are any more accurate now I can't say, and I for sure wasn't trying to, and never did, say that the site I took those paper specs from was any more accurate, because it's not. It just happens to have the exact same specs as every other site that currently shows them, although, they also specifically say they are the "minimum" specs, which is clearly not the case. I thought I made it pretty clear from the start that there were a whole bunch of "IFs" there since actual specs haven't been released.

Honestly i played Witcher 3 on ultra at 1080 p with GTX 760 windforce oc 4GB i didn't have lag at all believe it or not(with AA off though) so that is why im shocked everyone is saying if we don't have anything lower than a GPU that runs on on par with GTX 1080 TI, RTX 2070 or 2080 or 2080 TI we can't run it but i completely agree that we won't know for sure till launch after all witcher 3 that was shown on E3 and the one released were two different things (the downgrade was obvious if you remember)

I guarantee you didn't do that in the beginning. Not on Ultra. Ultra would mean WITH Hairworks enabled among other settings. Nobody did.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1006-the-witcher-3-benchmarks/page7.html

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
They are definitely not the worst site out there. They USED to be pretty bad though, years ago. More than five years.

Consider, they've been around for like 11 years. For the first few years, at least, they were laughable. Sorry, but it's a fact. Ask any veteran member of this forum and they'll tell you flat out. Whether they are any more accurate now I can't say, and I for sure wasn't trying to, and never did, say that the site I took those paper specs from was any more accurate, because it's not. It just happens to have the exact same specs as every other site that currently shows them, although, they also specifically say they are the "minimum" specs, which is clearly not the case. I thought I made it pretty clear from the start that there were a whole bunch of "IFs" there since actual specs haven't been released.
To try and tidy things up, I in no way meant to bad mouth you in any way, it's just that the way you said it originally refrenced the present and now when you said
I've always found it kind of laughable
But then of course you followed up with
but I haven't been there in a LONG time, so it may have been improved since then
And with that knowledge that you haven't been there in apparently a LONG time now, I was just trying to help get you updated on how it has changed.
I have no doubt in my mind that it was a mediocre site back in it's day, as most any site was pre 2010 and I am in no way refering to it in it's original state.

Just simply felt that it would be time to give it a decent look over and reassess your perception and opinion on the site is all, since it has been about 11 years since it launched as you say.

And to stop hijacking this thread with off topic chatter, TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:
As it stands, just as a general rule to follow, until the developers of the game themselves release official system requirements on their own site or through official outlets, don't trust any of the requirements you read.
Simple as that.
And nobody will be able to tell you what they will be or if your system will run the game optimally until those official requirements are released, and of course the plethora of tech news outlets both in website and YouTube form do their benchmarking to get more accurate system requirement results and general performance numbers.

Jun 18, 2019
I guarantee you didn't do that in the beginning. Not on Ultra. Ultra would mean WITH Hairworks enabled among other settings. Nobody did.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1006-the-witcher-3-benchmarks/page7.html

Yes without that at first but texture, shadow, distance and everything else was maxed out, but later on with patches i enabled Hairworks too, but my point is that CDPR is one of few companies that does good work in optimization of their games so the system shown in E3 is probably gonna for activating everything in ultra

Jun 18, 2019
To try and tidy things up, I in no way meant to bad mouth you in any way, it's just that the way you said it originally refrenced the present and now when you said

But then of course you followed up with

And with that knowledge that you haven't been there in apparently a LONG time now, I was just trying to help get you updated on how it has changed.
I have no doubt in my mind that it was a mediocre site back in it's day, as most any site was pre 2010 and I am in no way refering to it in it's original state.

Just simply felt that it would be time to give it a decent look over and reassess your perception and opinion on the site is all, since it has been about 11 years since it launched as you say.

And to stop hijacking this thread with off topic chatter, TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:
As it stands, just as a general rule to follow, until the developers of the game themselves release official system requirements on their own site or through official outlets, don't trust any of the requirements you read.
Simple as that.
And nobody will be able to tell you what they will be or if your system will run the game optimally until those official requirements are released, and of course the plethora of tech news outlets both in website and YouTube form do their benchmarking to get more accurate system requirement results and general performance numbers.
Ok Thanks for the information 👍🏼😊