[SOLVED] Will deleting my GPU drivers stop me from having a display?

Jul 8, 2020
I have an ssd, m.2(still waiting for it to arrive), and hdd plugged in to my comp. Im switching my operating system from the ssd(bootdrive) to the m.2 drive(new). Im planning to (1).move everything I want to keep from the ssd to my hdd (2).install windows onto my m.2, and then (3).format the ssd so i can remove the old operating system and have a clean ssd. But my GPU drivers are on my ssd. My CPU that is also coming and that im gonna use with my m.2 is an i3-9100f which doesnt have integrated graphics.

Questions: In the process of formating my SSD, will I still have a display from my GPU to my screen even tho the GPU drivers get deleted and my CPU not having integrated graphics?(using DVI from GPU to monitor)
GPU - rx570

Solution
The right term to use is uninstalling, not delete. If you delete the drivers, then you're expected to get into a world of troubleshooting and a lot of hair pulling.

You should get basic display up and running but the GPU will be drawing a lot of power since it doesn't have drivers that will tell it to manage the GPU chip. Short answer, you shouldn't be worried.

Lutfij

Titan
The right term to use is uninstalling, not delete. If you delete the drivers, then you're expected to get into a world of troubleshooting and a lot of hair pulling.

You should get basic display up and running but the GPU will be drawing a lot of power since it doesn't have drivers that will tell it to manage the GPU chip. Short answer, you shouldn't be worried.

Solution
Jul 8, 2020

Thanks for the reply.
Oooh so in that case when I format my drive, does that count as deleting my GPU drivers or is it uninstalling? Im asking because im wondering if it would be safe to format my drive that has the GPU drivers on them.
Or should I just uninstall the AMD software before I start the whole of installing windows onto the m.2?