Question Will deleting these files brick my phone or cause any issues?

Apr 28, 2019
I've been told (for reasons not worth going into a full paragraph of detail over) to delete the following files, if I do so, will there be any repercussions?

._sysCache
.apps
.appsCache
.sys

If so, what are these repercussions and their severity? Thanks in advance.

Apr 28, 2019
Not too much an issue per say, I just keep getting kicked from a banking app I use (it shuts down immediately when I start it up), luckily I moved all of my money out of there about a week ago for unrelated reasons. Thing is, I got no response from Customer Services, but I asked someone I know who is good with tech, he said to try this method to clear all cache etc and reinstall.

I am double checking because he is also prone to random "pranks" some of which push the line (i.e possibly making me brick my own phone, which I can only imagine he'd find hilarious :D).

Apr 28, 2019
No, it very well could be fine. But doing it manually on your own when there is a built in resource for it is generally a bad first step.
I used the built-in interface as you said, this did not solve the issue. My friend says it is something I should do manually as the interface won't do it completely (he explained better but to be honest my head translated it all to layman English).

I'm leaning towards taking your advice of course but I guess what I really need to know is whether or not - to your knowledge - the deletion of these files will likely cause me to brick my phone or lose anything important.

If its just this one app you are having problems with, it might not be a cache issue.
Overall, its probably going to be pretty low chance of bricking your phone.

But, if you said you already transferred away from this app, why not just ditch it entirely? Have you tried a desktop version?

Apr 28, 2019
If its just this one app you are having problems with, it might not be a cache issue.
Overall, its probably going to be pretty low chance of bricking your phone.

But, if you said you already transferred away from this app, why not just ditch it entirely? Have you tried a desktop version?

Yes, my final move will be to ditch it entirely. I just wondered if there was something that can be done about it because apart from this, I have had no issues. As for desktop version, I hadn't considered that. I'll look into it now.

TRENDING THREADS