[SOLVED] Will Delta Electronic DC Brushless fan work in PC

Feb 7, 2019
I recently built a PC and am looking to get new fans, just haven't gotten around to ordering any yet.
I was taking apart some bad equipment at work today and found a fan that looks like it has the correct connector to hook it up to my PC mobo.
Mobo is: TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING
Model of the fan is AFB0612HB, DC 12v, .15A
Would this work/is it worth it/ is it a bad idea?
Perhaps worth noting that the fan had nothing to do with the equipment being bad.
Edit: the fan includes a header and 4-pin connector from the equipment I salvaged it from.

Solution
Delta fans are some of the best fans around in terms of reliability. They're commonly used in industrial systems, server racks, and sometimes even laboratory fume hoods.

That one is the right voltage for a PC, so it should work fine if the wires are in the right order on the connector. I would certainly trust a Delta fan, though. As mentioned above, though, Delta fans are known for being quite loud. Some are loud enough to hear a few rooms away with the door closed.

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
It costs 13 USD, such as any common fan. It lacks a fan header, the wires are stripped. It might also be louder, than living room optimized variants. 60mm and 4000rpm delivers a high pitched irritating noise at full speed.
Otherwise the voltage is fitting, it will spin.

Feb 7, 2019

Thanks for the reply.
I should have noted that it has a header and a 4pin connector (also taken out of the old equipment)
will edit original post to include that

Delta fans are some of the best fans around in terms of reliability. They're commonly used in industrial systems, server racks, and sometimes even laboratory fume hoods.

That one is the right voltage for a PC, so it should work fine if the wires are in the right order on the connector. I would certainly trust a Delta fan, though. As mentioned above, though, Delta fans are known for being quite loud. Some are loud enough to hear a few rooms away with the door closed.

Solution