[SOLVED] Will DirectStorage run better on NVMe SSDs with DRAM?

HeartOfAdel

Commendable
Apr 7, 2021
The title speaks for itself. I'd overall love to know what kind of advantages there are to having NVMe with its own DRAM and if it's something that's going to make DirectStorage's performance faster. Also, what amount of DRAM is optimal to have?
(Very important) Can you please recommend me best NVMe SSDs with w/r speeds at about 1400-1800 mb/s for DirectStorage?
(Bare in mind that it's gonna be installed on MSI H97 Gaming 3's PCI-E 2.0 x4 slot, so the SSD must be within its capabilities.)

Solution
The title speaks for itself. I'd overall love to know what kind of advantages there are to having NVMe with its own DRAM and if it's something that's going to make DirectStorage's performance faster. Also, what amount of DRAM is optimal to have?
(Very important) Can you please recommend me best NVMe SSDs with w/r speeds at about 1400-1800 mb/s for DirectStorage?
(Bare in mind that it's gonna be installed on MSI H97 Gaming 3's PCI-E 2.0 x4 slot, so the SSD must be within its capabilities.)
Every type of disk storage works better with own RAM as cache but that may not be apparent in all situations.
Every type of disk storage works better with own RAM as cache but that may not be apparent in all situations.

Reactions: HeartOfAdel
Solution

TRENDING THREADS